Learning more about you

"What do you mean you didn't get buns for the hotdogs?" Corey asked walking down the steps to hear Colby and Elton arguing

"I didn't even think about it. Can't we just use the hamburger buns?" Colby asked.

"No we cannot just use the hamburger buns. You know what, I'll text Bea, she should be coming over soon." Elton said pulling out his phone.

"Wait why is she coming?" Corey asked joining the conversation.

"I invited her to our cookout. Is that a problem?" Elton asked confused.

"W-well no but we barely know her and you just up and invite her. She is going to be the only girl." Corey stated.

"And..............."

"And it's going to make everything awkward!" Corey said.

"Oh come on guys you haven't even really met her. She is not like everyone else." Elton said.

"Yeah that's what we said about Kat." Colby blurted out. They suddenly heard footsteps behind them. They all turned around to see Sam.

"S-Sam, hey man, how you feeling...." Elton asked hoping he didn't hear anything in that conversation.

"Thanks for name dropping." Sam sighed and walked back upstairs.

"Dude I'm sorry I-" Colby said chasing after him up the steps.

"Dude I don't think it's a good idea to have a new girl here, for sam's sake. He might actually come and join us today." Corey said turning back to Elton and lowering his voice.

"Who knows, maybe she can help him." Elton said.

"What like set him up with someone new?" Corey asked.

"Yeah. Who knows where things may lead." Elton said. Corey sighed.

"Fine, have her come. But if things get awkward, i won't be afraid to speak up." Corey said and walked up the steps.

Beatrice on the other hand was in her room once again searching for jobs. Because she had only moved to La a few months ago, she had no luck in finding a job. That's when her phone buzzed causing her to jump. It was Elton

"Hey Bea don't forget cookout at 1, bring hotdog buns please and thanks see you then." It read. Beatrice rolled her eyes and got dressed.

*a few hours later*

"Ok everything is set up. I'm going to get my swimming trunks." Colby said running inside. Then there was a knock on the door. Colby stopped in his tracks and opened the door.

"Hey, Colby right?" Beatrice smiled.

"Right, Bea right?" Colby pointed.

"Correct." She said.

"How'd you get through the gate?" Colby questioned.

"Oh Elton kept it unlocked for me." She said.

"Oh got it. Well come on in, Elton is out back getting everything ready. You can put your bags in the kitchen." Colby smiled and ran up the steps. Beatrice put her stuff down and slowly walked outside. A small thing to know about Beatrice, she acts like she is confident, but inside, she is a ball of anxiety. So when she saw Elton and Corey outside and literally no one else, she got a bit worried.

"Hey Bea good to see you again, I see you didn't die on the way here." Elton said hugging her.

"Nope not today. Is this everyone?" Beatrice asked.

"Yup pretty much, you remember Corey right." Elton said.

"Of course, man bun." She said

"Yeah ha ha. I'm going to get drinks." Corey said.