Troubling Times

It was now the end of June and Beatrice was dealing with a lot of sickness. It was 4am and she woke up feeling very nauseous. She quickly got out of bed, trying her best not to wake sam up, and ran to the bathroom. She kneeled in front of the toilet and threw up almost everything in her stomach. She just felt miserable.

"Babe? Are you ok?" Sam yawned as he walked into the dark bathroom while rubbing his eye.

"Yeah I'm fine, just go back to sleep." Beatrice said. She felt another gush of nausea and began throwing up again. Sam, without missing a beat, quickly ran over to her and held back her hair and rubbed her back.

"It's ok." He said softly.

"I'm sorry I really didn't want to wake you up." Beatrice said closing the lid to the toilet and flushing it.

"You need someone to help you through this." Sam said putting her hair down and sitting on the bathroom floor opposite side of her so his back was leaned up against the wall.

"I really didn't think it would be this bad. I don't remember Amara having any morning sickness whatsoever. Maybe I was right, I'm not strong enough to do this." Beatrice panicked as she turned to face Sam.

"That's the sleep deprivation talking. Pregnancy is different for everyone. But I know you can get through this part of it. And I'll be here to help you, especially to hold you hair back." He laughed.

"I just wish you didn't have to see me like this." Beatrice sighed and tucked the strand hairs that were hanging in her face behind her ear.

"In sickness and in health right?" Sam smiled.

"I really don't deserve you." Beatrice smiled.

"Now come on, let's get you back to bed." Sam said standing up and putting out his hands to help her up.

That morning Amara had come to the apartment to plan her baby shower with Cyrus. She trusted his judgement and she obviously had no idea what she was doing.

"Ok so do you want to do blue? Is that the theme you are going for?" Cyrus asked with a notebook and pen in front of him.

"I mean I am having a boy." Amara laughed.

"Oh no the reason I asked is because I didn't know if you wanted to stick to gender stereotypes or you weren't all for that." Cyrus explained.

"Oh.....is that bad that I picked blue?" Amara asked.

"Depends on the people. Either way you won't be able to win so it's up to you." Cyrus said.

"Oh well what would we do if it wasn't blue?" Amara questioned.

"Well yellow is the most common, and since we are having it in July I'm picturing a whole sunflower moment." Cyrus said thinking out loud.

"Oh my god then I could wear like a nice light yellow dress to show off the bump!" Amara said also becoming excited.

"Oh bitch and we have it outside and get some sunset pictures. That's it, we are planning a non stereotype magic party." Cyrus clapped his hands and began writing things down.

"I'm hearing we are making a ton of progress." Beatrice said walking out into the kitchen.

"Morning sunshine, how are you feeling?" Amara asked.

"Well judging from the fact that I had to get up a total of five times to puke my guts out, I'd say I'm exhausted." Beatrice yawned.

"Don't worry that phase doesn't last forever. When I was in it I didn't know I was pregnant and I thought I had the flu." Amara laughed.