Reminded Of Who You Really Are

"Ok Maxie so this, this right here is Taylor swift's new album, we say no to this." Mike said showing his phone to the only few weeks old Maxie who was laying on his back on the couch. "But this is Simmer Down by Yours truly. This is what we listen to." Mike said showing Maxie the picture of the artwork for the song.

"You will have to hold him eventually." Amara smiled as she sat across the room still recovering from her c-section. It was the beginning of October now and Maxie was around 4 weeks old. And it was no surprise that Amara was struggling to take care of him on her own. He would constantly cry and never sleep, meaning the new mother would be on her feet around the clock when she was still in pain. Corey would stop by every other week to see him, most times Amara and Corey don't talk when he's seeing Maxwell.

"I still think he's too small. I mean look at me I will crush the small dude and I'm just getting on his good side." Mike fought.

"You will not crush him." Amara laughed lightly.

"I'll pick him up once he's my size alright?" He joked and went back to playing with Maxwell, who was slowly falling asleep. A silence formed between the two and mike wanted so badly to ask about Corey. His mind was filled with all of these feelings and emotions he knew he couldn't express towards the new mother. He barely knew what they meant anyhow. "How's Corey been?" He finally asked.

"He's good, I think the therapy sessions are really working. Some days I feel like he's back to the old Corey we all knew and loved." Amara said.

"Is he being helpful?" Mike then asked not even missing a beat.

"Well....I mean yeah I guess." Amara said in a not very convincing tone.

"Don't lie to me." Mike said seriously as he made eye contact with her.

"Well I mean he doesn't know what he is doing, but neither do I. And since we don't talk very much it's almost as if he's making it worse. But I'm strong I can handle this. I thank you for your concern." Amara tried to blow it off as not important.

"I'm not concerned Amara." Mike tired to explain. "Ok maybe it's concern call it whatever you want I just want to make sure you don't break from all of this pressure." Mike continued.

"Let's just drop this mike ok? Corey has caused so much drama and I really don't want it to continue." Amara begged.

"Ok...." mike said and focused on Maxie again, but he couldn't hold in his anger. "He shouldn't even be allowed to see Maxie. You should have full custody." Mike blurted out.

"Mike I'm not in the mood to talk about this anymore." Amara sighed.

"You're never in the mood Amara. This week you aren't in the mood, the week before you were too busy or whatever, and the week before that you said we would talk about it later. When are you going to admit that you are pushing this away and that it's only making you more miserable." Mike ranted.

"Why do you even care so much Mike? Huh? You said it yourself, I'm Sam and Colby's friend so I'm yours too. Well this sounds a lot more than trying to be my friend." Amara blurted out.

"Yeah well um- I mean- yeah no you-you...yeah." Mike said at a loss for words.

"I would fight with you longer but I'm so tired I can't even think straight." Amara yawned.

"W-why don't you get some rest, I can watch Maxie." Mike offered.

"But you can't even hold him." Amara stated.

"And as of now he doesn't need held so ha." Mike crossed his arms.

"Maybe I'll just take a few minutes to rest. Are you sure you are ok?" Amara asked.