The Past Returns

"Oh hey Gemma what's up?" Beatrice asked opening the door after Gemma pounded on it for a few seconds. It was only a few minutes since Colby and her ended things and she was definitely still pissed to the max.

"You mind if I crash here tonight?" Gemma asked with her bag over her shoulder.

"Why what happened?" Beatrice asked concerned.

"Your husband's douchebag of a friend dumped me." Gemma said angrily.

"What? Why?" Sam asked walking into the room.

"You're missing a child." Gemma pointed out.

"Oh no she just went down for her nap, now what about my douchebag friend?" Sam asked walking to the door and stood next to Beatrice.

"I really don't want to explain it right now long story short he said he doesn't love me anymore and that we are done. He wants me to move out and everything so can I crash here for tonight?" Gemma asked again.

"I don't know if you want to be here and have to wake up every time Delilah cries." Sam said.

"I can literally be the new babysitter." Gemma said trying her best to get them to let her stay.

"Why don't you ask Stella?" Sam asked.

"Oh she's the last person I want to see right now." Gemma sighed.

"Give us one moment will you? I'm sorry." Beatrice smiled and quickly closed the door. "Why can't she stay?" Beatrice asked turning to Sam.

"Do I really need to answer that. You know how much I love Colby and how much I've disliked them together." Sam said softly.

"She's my friend." Beatrice said sternly.

"And Colby is mine." Sam said in the same tone.

"Are we really going to have this argument right now? We've been doing so well." Beatrice said crossing her arms.

"Oh don't give me that. This is my apartment too you know. I should have a say on who gets to stay here and I'm sorry but I really don't want Gemma here. Not after what she put Colby through." Sam said persistently.

"That was not all Gemma and you know it." Beatrice fought.

"Oh so now you want to turn on Colby too? You sound a lot like your friend." Sam said pointing at the door.

"She is family Sam come on she's been here for years why all of sudden are you being this way?" Beatrice asked getting upset.

"Because I felt like I had to be ok with it but now that they are through I can finally say what I want too. Gemma is toxic and rude and too much of a party animal for this group." Sam listed.

"Says the man who broke his back jumping off a freaking ledge. Or the guy who died his hair because he was drunk? Or the same guy who went to jail for being a dumbass." Beatrice fought back.

"Do not try to turn this on me! Why are you even being like this?" Sam asked angrily.

"Gemma is my friend you would do the same for Colby if I was talking bad about him." Beatrice said.

"Oh so you're saying you would pick Gemma over me?" Sam asked now crossing his arms.

"How did you even get that from what I said?" Beatrice asked confused.

"Because I am telling you I don't like her and yet you are arguing with me like it's the end of the world!" Sam yelled.

"You're the one being unreasonable! So what would you pick Colby over me?" Beatrice asked.