Truth Be Told

Stella sat at the kitchen island holding a glass in her hand and Jake by her side. This was right after Colby left and Stella did not know what to do.

"I can't believe I've done this I am so ashamed." Stella sighed as she took a sip of her whiskey.

"This is all my fault. I never should have been drinking like that." Jake sighed as he took a drink of water. The two sat in silence for a moment.

"Come on, you can't make a girl drink all by herself." Stella nudged the whiskey bottle towards Jake.

"You think this is the best option right now?" Jake laughed.

"Like you said, being drunk makes everything more fun" Stella remarked. Jake smiled and downed a shot of whiskey. After about 30 minutes, Stella and Jake were in bed, you can guess what happened. Feeling alone and hopeless plus drinking equals hookup.

"I can't believe we did that. That just made everything even more complicated." Stella sighed as she put her shirt back on.

"On the bright side it seemed to have sobered us up again." Jake tried to make a joke.

"I need to find Colby, I have to make sure he is ok." Stella said.

"Are you sober enough to be driving?" Jake asked concerned.

"Believe it or not I've driven much worse." Stella said and walked out of the room as Jake continued to get dressed.

Bright lights hurt their eyes as they slowly opened them for the first time in a while. The sound of a heart monitor ringed in their ears as they could smell the classic hospital smell that all of them tended to have.

"Miss Maybell? Miss maybell can you hear me?" Stella heard faintly as she tried to gage where she was.

"Stella? It's alright now, you are safe." The doctor said soothingly. Stella lifted up her arms to see all of the things she was hooked up to, it seemed like she had no major injuries. But why couldn't she remember the crash? "Sweetie, can you please tell me your name, if you can remember it." The doctor then said.

"My name is Stella." She whispered as her voice was hoarse from having the wind knocked out of her.

"Good, I'm Doctor Kelo, do you know where you are?" She asked.

"A hospital?" Stella asked confused as she continued to look around despite her blurred vision.

"And do you know how you got here?" The doctor asked as she wrote things down on her clipboard. Stella slowly shook her head.

"That's ok, you hit your head pretty hard in the accident. You have a slight concussion but other than that you are very lucky to be in the condition you are." The doctor explained.

"W-what happened?" Stella tried to say but her voice gave our mid sentence.

"You were in an accident Miss Maybell, last night around midnight. You ran through a red light and lost control of the vehicle, driving it straight into a wall on the highway. You're lucky that boy found you when he did." The doctor told.

"Boy?" Stella asked confused.

"Yes the one with brown hair, I forget his name but he said he was your boyfriend I believe. He found you unconscious and quickly called 911, even had to perform CPR on you. Thank god he did too, or you could have been in a coma for all we know." The doctor went on. That's when Stella's memory slowly began to flood back to her.

Driving 30 over the speed limit, Stella was still pretty drunk. While her thousands of thoughts continued to fight in her mind, Stella had enough of hurting people. If she wasn't hurting Jake then she was hurting Colby, if she wasn't hurting Colby then she was hurting someone else in the group. In her moment of desperation, Stella let go of the steering wheel and pushed the gas pedal harder and harder with her foot. As she heard car horns beeping as she went passed, tears streamed down her face as she closed her eyes tight.