Debating the Future

"Pink tie, yellow tie, pink tie, yellow tie." Sam said standing in front of Beatrice with one crutch under his arm.

"Wanna tell me what this is for first?" Beatrice asked.

"Teen choice! We are actually nominated this year and me and Colby get to announce one of the awards." Sam said excitedly.

"Why am I just now hearing this? I'm so proud of you." Beatrice said standing up and hugging him.

"I wanted it to be a surprise, so surprise." He smiled. "Now pink tie or yellow tie?" Sam asked as he let go of her.

"Don't you think that's a bit formal? Doesn't this take place on a beach?" Beatrice asked.

"I mean yeah." Sam said.

"I would dress down a bit babe." Beatrice said.

"What we dressing for?" Cyrus asked walking into the room.

"Teen choice!" Beatrice said excitedly.

"Oh congrats." Cyrus said.

"Thanks I'll take that to heart." Sam said.

"Cyrus how's your packing going?" Beatrice asked as she stood up.

"Packing? What packing?" Sam asked.

"I'm going back to New York, but only to pack up my place and move out here so I can be closer to my family. Sam I'm trusting you to take care of Bea when I'm gone. I'm still on the fence about you." Cyrus said.

"Oh leave him alone it's not like I'm dying. I was going to start planning the nursery so I'll keep myself busy." Beatrice laughed.

"Wait you guys are staying here? What happened to finding a house?" Cyrus asked.

"Money issues." Sam sighed.

"Not just that, but all of the houses are either taken or by really annoying creators. So we figured the best place to have the baby would be here." Beatrice explained.

"Oh Cyrus keep your cool don't say anything you'll regret." Cyrus said to himself. "Well I'm going to head to my car and pack things up." He said and left quickly before anything else was said. Sam sighed and looked down.

"Oh no, not that face again." Beatrice said walking over to him.

"I'm in way over my head. Maybe if I wasn't such a big idiot!" Sam said loudly.

"Sam Stop. There's nothing wrong with raising a kid in an apartment." Beatrice said.

"But it's so small. And I wish I could make for money and then I would get us a nice big house in a nice neighborhood." Sam sighed.

"Babe I don't care about any of that and you know it. You need to get out of the house." Beatrice laughed. Sam just hugged her and sighed.

"I just want to be a good dad. And how can I do that when I'm just being judged by everyone about how I'm not stable enough to give our daughter a good life." Sam sighed.

"I told you I'm looking for a job-"

"But that's the thing you shouldn't have to." Sam said letting go of her.

"Sam there is nothing wrong with doing what you love. Stop being so hard on yourself. I married you because you always had your head in the clouds and that's what I love about you. Don't make this about money seriously." Beatrice sighed.

"I'm sorry I just.....I wish things were better." Sam sighed. Beatrice just kissed him and then hugged him again. Sam just sighed and rested his head on her shoulder.