Broken and Torn

"It's only a matter of....time...." Eliza sang the final note of the musical. Colby who was on the edge of his seat stood up and applauded the screen that now rolled credits.

"Holy shit that was so much better than I thought I was going to be! Stella I can't- Stella?" Colby asked as he turned around to see she had fallen asleep. "Oh." He said softly as he covered his mouth. He slowly picked her up in his arms and walked into the bedroom. He softly laid her down, but when he did he got his button up shirt caught under her. He froze for a second and tried to pull the fabric out from under her. Not wanting to wake her, he slid the button up off of him, leaving him in a tank top. He laughed to himself as he face palmed his forehead, but then quickly covered her with a blanket. As he did so he noticed a picture on her bedside table. He picked it up to see a picture of her and Jake. Colby took a deep breath and quietly walked out of the room and slowly shut the door.

"Colby?" Jake asked in a hurt tone. Colby flinched and then turned around.

"Jake it's not what it looks like. I would never." Colby said honestly.

"And why wouldn't you? I'm sure you heard we broke up so there's nothing holding you back from banging my ex. Cheating on Gemma I can't believe you." Jake said as he became angry.

"Jake let's just talk about this, but not here I don't want to wake Stella up." Colby pleaded.

"You couldn't even wait a day? We literally broke up a few hours ago I can't believe you would do this to me." Jake sighed completely ignoring Colby's request.

"Nothing happened Jake. Go ahead look in there, she is fully clothed and the only reason I don't have a shirt is because it got caught when I was carrying her to bed cause she fell asleep while we were watching a movie, as friends may I add." Colby told the truth. Jake sighed and sat down at the island. "Nothing happened between me, I don't want to hurt you jake you are one of my best friends. I've been here before once, and I don't want to go through it again. I don't deserve her anyways. I don't deserve anything." Colby said getting rather emotional. Jake said nothing. "I'll see you around jake." Colby said as his eyes began to water and he left the apartment.

He rushed down the hallway, got to his apartment and slammed the door shut. Colby turned around to see his now quiet apartment. Only a few hours ago he was an engaged man, he thought he was happy. But then he went and broke up one of his friends because of stupid feelings he had. The room was like a paused scene, glasses were still on the island from breakfast. The tv was now a blue screen from not being used in hours. He was alone. Colby's fists tightened as his thoughts overtook him. That's when he saw it, Gemma's ring, on the table. Colby let out a loud scream as he picked up one of the glasses on the island and threw it into the wall causing for it to shatter. He kicked over the stools under the island and threw his phone across the room. Colby slid down the door and broke down over it all.
"I am nothing." Colby whispered.
"I don't deserve anything." He whispered.
"I hurt my friends, the people I love" he continued.
"Why am I still here?" He yelled at the top of his lungs as tears streamed down his face.

In the other apartment Beatrice had also fallen asleep. Sam got out of the bed, put on some random clothes that were closest to him, grabbed his cane and walked out to the living room where Gemma and Delilah still were.

"Blow your back out?" Gemma joked.

"Funny. How's Delilah?" Sam asked in a bit more pain than before especially because he didn't bother putting on his brace.

"Almost asleep, don't worry I fed her and changed her diaper." Gemma said rocking the small baby.

"Thank you." Sam said genuinely.