Where are you christmas?

"It's Christmas Eve y'all why does everyone look so depressing?" Corey asked running down the steps.

"I'm over here editing." Colby said.

"I'm thinking of video ideas." Jake said.

"I'm playing fortnite." Aaron said.

"Does those sound like Christmasy things to be doing right now?" Corey asked.

"What did you think we would be doing?" Colby asked.

"I don't know? Wrapping presents, making cookies, singing songs I don't know! Not working or playing video games!" Corey said.

"I don't see you doing any of that." Jake said.

"Because I just woke up." Corey said.

"Or because Amara isn't here." Aaron said not taking his eyes off of the tv.

"Excuse me?" Corey asked.

"Oh please we all know you like her don't even fight me on that." Colby said.

"Yeah....so!" Corey said getting defensive. "And where the hell is sam?" He asked.

Back upstairs Sam was in his room playing random cords on his guitar.

"I'll have a blue Christmas, without you. And when those blue, heartaches stops hurting. You'll be doing alright, with your Christmas of white, but I'll, have a blue, blue Christmas." He sang under his breath as he played the cords softly.

"Knock knock, what are you doing up here alone?" Corey asked opening the door.

"Just messing around with different songs, what's up?" He asked turning around in his chair.

"Just wanted to see how you were, since Bea is gone." He said leaning against the door frame.

"She's been gone for not even 5 days." Sam said.

"And....." Corey said.

"And I have nothing to do, at all." Sam sighed.

"Well come on its Christmas Eve let's do something, anything." Corey said sitting on the edge of Sam's bed.

"Why? What happen to staying here doing whatever?" Sam asked leaning the guitar against the wall behind him.

"Well you know...I thought we would switch it up." Corey said.

"You're making sure I'm not depressed again?" Sam asked.

"What's with everyone calling me out today? It's 9am I'm only human!" Corey yelled.

"Well what do you have planned aunt Corey?" Sam sighed sitting up in his seat.

"We should go see the lights. There is supposed to be a light show downtown." Corey said.

"Sounds fun, count me in." Sam smiled.

"And you promise me you aren't hiding your feelings?" Corey asked.

"Positive." He said.

"Ok well then stop hiding in your room and come downstairs." Corey yelled and walked out of the room.

*back in Pennsylvania*

Beatrice was outside in the cold weather as snow slowly fell from above. She was watching her childhood dog play in the snow as she sat on the swing attached to a tree outside of the house. As she slowly swung on the swing, she thought about what her friends were doing.

"Beatrice come inside you are going to catch a cold out there!" Her mom called from the kitchen window.

"Five more minutes!" She called snapping out of her deep thought. The sun was shining but the snow continued to fall.