Heated Kiss with an Alpha

A few hours after our running in the woods, Landon and I went back to my house. We curled up on the couch watching TV when my parents came home. My mom immediately started asking me questions through the mind link and I had grown agitated by her constant nagging.

“Would you like to join us for dinner?” I asked Landon on behalf of my mom.

“Sure,” he replied with a smirk.

“Did you hear that mom?” I asked.

“Yes,” she replied walking past us and into the kitchen. “Rosa would you like to give me a hand with dinner?

“Sure,” I replied with a sigh knowing that if I denied her she would just keep nagging me through the mind link. I trudged into the kitchen walking over to the sink to wash my hands.  

“Rosa sweetie would you like to ask our guest what would he like for dinner?” she asked politely.

“Why don’t you just ask him yourself mom?”

“Well alright,” she said nervously and I wonder what made her so anxious. “Alpha what would you like for dinner?”

“Anything is fine Mrs. Jackson,” Landon shouted from the couch.

“Happy,” I said and she gave me a who-do-you-think-your-talking-to look. “Sorry.”

“Well what shall we make?” she asked.

“Hmm…,” I thought about it for a moment before pulling out my phone. I scrolled through my apps finding the Allrecipes app, I tapped on it and picked main dish, fish, and any then hit view matches. I scrolled through the results finally deciding on one that I thought would knock the socks off Landon. 

“How about we make blackened tuna steaks with mango salsa,” I suggested looking up at my mother. She contemplated this for a moment before nodding her head agreeing.

“How long does it take to cook?” she asked and I totally forgot to look at the time.

I looked back at the recipe and scrunched up my face, “over three hours.”

“Well I suppose we’ll have a late dinner,” she said with a sigh. “I doubt we have all of the ingredients so I want you and Landon to go get the ingredients we need.”

“Okay,” I said with a smile. “Hopefully we won’t take to long.”

I left the kitchen and skipped into the living room Landon looked up at me and smiled.

“We have to go grocery shopping,” I told him walking over to the couch and grabbing his hand.

“Will I be driving?” he asked as I pulled him up.

“I don’t know but you will be paying,” I said with a chuckle then running out the front door before he could protest. I heard his heavy footsteps come behind me before I felt his arms wrap around my waist.

“I love how you just said that I could pay for the groceries,” he said in my ear. “It means that I can take care of you.”

“Of course you have to take care of me,” I said with a chuckle and he growled spinning me around to face him.

“I don’t want you to think that I have to take care of you. I want you to think that I want to take care of you,” he said and I looked into his mesmerizing blue eyes.

“Okay,” I said with a smile. “Of course you want to take care of me I know that Landon.”

“Good,” he said picking me up then throwing me over his shoulder. “Because I’m driving.”