Future Wedding Dress

A week later after the funeral I met   up with Alistair and he took me out for coffee. I didn’t know what to expect since I’ve never been alone with Alistair before Emma was usually with us. He seemed nervous as he sipped his coffee and kept eyeing his phone every few minutes to see if someone contacted him. Finally when I had enough of his silence I spoke first.

“Why did you bring me out for coffee Alistair? You know we never do things like this unless it’s with Emma.”

“Well…um…you see,” he started, “IwanttoaskEmmatomarryme.”

I almost spit out my coffee, “You what?”

“I want to ask Emma to marry me,” he said more clearly now.

“Oh my gosh really!” I practically shouted.

“Yes, we’ve been dating for a long time now and I feel it’s time for us to tie the knot,” he said avoiding eye contact.

“Aww Alistair! You sly dog I didn’t know you felt that way,” I said grinning.

“Well I’ve been feeling that way for the past year now. I just haven’t told anyone but I’m glad I told you because I need your help.”

“Of course, whatever you need help with just let me know,” I said.

“Alright I have the ring already I just need the perfect place to propose,” he said.

“Ah I know the perfect place. I’ve been talking to Amora about a trip to Orlando so you can come with us and propose to her there.”

“Sounds like a good idea to me,” he nodded.

“Actually let’s make this a hunter and werewolf’s trip so we can settle our differences and get to know each other better. You never know there might be mates for the hunters in our pack and vise versa,” I said grinning.

“Your right,” he agreed.

“Plus you will probably feel more comfortable being around your pack right?”

“Correct.”

“It’s settled then,” I said clasping my hands together; “you can propose she’ll say yes, you can get married and live happily ever after.”

“The end,” he said.

“Yep,” I replied then sipped my coffee. “You guys should totally get married at Disney World!”

This time Alistair almost spit out his coffee, “What? Are you insane? Do you know how much that will cost?”

“Uh…no,” I replied sheepishly.

“That’s what I thought,” he said placing his cup down onto the table.

“You know a few years ago Emma told me that she like the idea of eloping and running off to Vegas. Then recently she told she wouldn’t mind getting married at eighteen. I say all of this because I think you should propose to her in Orlando then get married the next day. It’s just like eloping and running to off to Vegas. You’re getting married in a short amount of time and you’re not at home.”

He let the words sink in for a few minutes. He seemed to be having an eternal battle with himself and I didn’t want to interrupt.

Finally, he sighed then said, “But what about the cost?”

“Don’t worry about the cost,” I replied and he was about to say something but I silenced him with my hand. “Okay? Trust me Ali.”

“Alright I’ll trust you,” he answered with a small smile.