Lucas' POV

Lucas’ POV

I can’t believe she wants to leave the pack after she just got back. I mean why the hell would she want to leave. She grew up in this pack, her best friend lives here, and I—

 “Lucas!” I heard that beautiful voice shout my name.

 I stopped and ran my fingers through my hair while quickly trying to control my anger. I waited until she was right behind me before I turned around and looked at her. She seemed weak as if she was in pain. I knew she was in pain I could see it in her eyes but she still had a small smile on her face as if determined to change my mind about forbidding her to leave. 

“Hey,” she said weakly.

“Why?” I asked not looking her in the eyes.

She sighed then grabbed my chin forcing me to look at her, “Because Lucas the pack is causing me pain. I love the pack I really do. But should I really stay if the pack is causing me pain? I know it’s not directly causing me pain but still there’s too many bad memories I have of this place.”

“I can help you get better,” I said and she let go of my chin then caressed my cheek.

 “I know you can,” she said as her eyes filled with tears.

“So let me help you,” I said as I took her hand and kissed it. She shook her head letting a tear fall before quickly wiping it away. “Please.”

“I’m sorry,” she whispered and that caused me to get angry.

 “Stop saying you’re sorry!” I snapped, “You have nothing to be sorry for.”

“I do,” she snapped all traces of being weak gone, “I have been selfish and haven’t considered others feelings. I have caused my best friend to have mental and physical pain. I have made my mother worry too much about me. All I’ve been doing is causing pain to everyone that I love. And I’m sorry and tired of doing that.”

She did have a point that I couldn’t ignore. She’s even hurting me right now as she speaks. I just wished I could convince her that through the pain we still love her. That no matter what we’ll stick together like white on rice. This is just a phase that she’ll go through but I’ll help her through it because I—

“I love you,” I blurted out. Crap, I wasn’t ready to say it yet.

“What?” she asked taken aback.  

“You heard me,” I said looking her in the eyes. She searched my eyes to see if I was joking but I wasn’t. I was dead serious.

“But why?” she asked in disbelief.

“Because,” I said taking her hand in mine, “I’ve always had. Ever since the day, I first met you when you and your dad were there to help me through my first shift. I knew I loved because you were there for me the whole night holding my hand even when I squeezed your hand to hard, you didn’t complain. You just told me that everything was going to be okay and I believed you I held on to every word you said that night as if it were oxygen,” I squeezed her hand and let go.

“As time went on, I’ve watched you from afar and kept my distance because I knew Michael was in love with you to. Actually, most of the boys were but I think Michael and I liked you the most. So when you rejected Michael I knew you would reject me that’s why I haven’t told you how I really felt. I didn’t want to feel the pain of being rejected by the person I loved the most.” I looked at her to see if she was listening and she was looking at me with different emotions clouding her eyes.

“I know we’re not mates or anything,” I said continuing, “but over this past week I felt like we were. Taking care of you while you were in pain and how you’re still in pain now even as I speak. I just want to take the pain away. I love you so much Rosa and I don’t want to see you hurt anymore and I don’t want you to leave. I promise if you stay with me I’ll make you feel better. I’ll be everything you need me to be. So please Rosa stay…stay for me.”