A New Beginning

After dropping off Amber to her mom, I quickly left the pack house. I rushed home slamming the front door making known of my presence. My mom came into the living room with a face full of worry. I just looked at her my fist clenched trying to hold onto to some of my anger. I can’t believe I told him the real reason behind me not celebrating my birthday. 

 “Where were you last night?” my mom asked softly.

 “Lost in the woods,” I replied.

 “Why didn’t you call for help?"

 “You don’t think I did that?” I snapped then shook my head. “I’m sorry mom can I just go to my room now?”

 She nodded and I rushed pas her heading up the stairs. Once I was in my room, I locked the door and slowly walked over to my bed. I fell back letting the comforter consume me and thought about my dreadful past.

It was my fourteenth birthday. My father and I were training in the clearing. Yes, I was training on my birthday but my father’s motto was you could never get to much training. When suddenly a rogue appeared out of nowhere my dad and I was, so into our training that we didn’t notice it until it was too late. It was a bloody battle I can still hear the snapping of teeth, the howls of pain, and thunderous growls that pierced my sensitive ears.

The battle was well fought and I thought my dad was going to make it until I heard a terrible snapping sound. When I looked my father was on the floor in a pool full of blood but he was not dead yet. I then heard his last thoughts to me.

 “Rosa I want you to grow up strong and healthy and maybe someday you’ll be a Luna of a pack. I want you to tell your mother that I love her with all of my heart and that I want her to find someone who will fill that empty whole when I’m not around. I know she won’t forget me since we are both Alpha’s we have stronger emotions than anyone else in the pack. Lastly, tell the pack to submit to their new Alpha and don’t resent him because we won a battle against me. Tell them I love them and to make sure they take care of your mother and especially take care of you. I love you Rosa and I will give you a gift but you won’t receive it until you turn eighteen.”

 “I love you all,” he said through everyone’s mind link. His words held so much pain, compassion, and love then he took his last breath and all was silent. We all let out a painful howl for we lost our Alpha but my mother’s howl was the loudest. I immediately shifted into my human form and put on my clothes before stepping out into the clearing again. The rogue shifted to when it saw that I meant him no harm. I walked up to him and bowled accepting him as our new Alpha of the pack. When I straightened, I saw a series of emotions quickly fill his eyes.

 “Welcome, Alpha to the Heavenly pack,” I said.

 “Thank you,” he said with small smile. 

“No need to thank me. Thank my father,” I said looking down at my father still in his wolf form.

“Oh,” was all that he had to say.

 “I’ll take you to the pack house so you can meet your new pack,” I said then shifted into my wolf and he immediately did the same. Five minutes past and we were back at the pack house where the whole pack was bowled immediately accepting there new Alpha. I scanned the crowd and spotted my best friend Michael he winked when he saw me and I looked away my eyes falling on my mother who was in the front. I saw how silent tears were running down her face and I prayed that she would find another mate to make her happy again.

 “You can all rise,” the new Alpha said and everyone slowly rose. His eyes scanned over all the pack members but stopped on one in particular; Marsha.

“Mate,” they both whispered and the whole pack went into a loud applause. Marsha was well liked in our pack and I had no doubt that she would be another reason why the pack would accept their new Alpha. I smiled a sad smile while beckoning her to come to the front and stand next to our new leader.  She came and stood on the right side of him and I moved to stand next to Michael. They looked perfect together and I was truly happy for them. I turned to walk away when the new Alpha made his speech.

“I want to thank you for accepting me as your new Alpha. My name is Jason Sanchez and I promise to protect this pack with my life. I promise to make this pack stronger and love you as if we were all  my flesh and blood.”

With that everyone applauded and started to greet there new Alpha. I headed for my room with Michael right on my heels. When I entered my room, I walked over to the dressers pulling clothes out.

“What are you doing?” Michael asked as I started to pack a small bag full of my clothes.

“I’m leaving,” I said in a serious tone that meant there was no room for discussion.

“Why?” he asked and I could hear the pain in his voice.

 “Because at the moment I just can’t be here, I need to cope with my father’s death but I refuse to cry. I will become stronger like my father wanted me to be. For that I need to leave."

“Don’t you think you can become stronger with the pack?” he asked.

 “No, staying with the pack will only make me weaker,” I replied seeing the pain in his eyes. 

“Please don’t leave me,” Michael said walking towards me and wrapping his arms around me.

 “I’m sorry Mikey,” I said unwrapping his arms from around me. “You can always come with me.”

He shook his head, “I can’t leave the pack…but what about your mother?"

"I’ll tell her I’m leaving and that I’ll be back on my fifteenth birthday,” I replied.

“You don’t think she needs you? She just lost her mate and you’re all she has left,” Michael reasoned.

 “I know but the love for her mate is greater than her love for her child,” I said and with that, I started to write a letter.

 “Really, a letter,” Michael said amused.

 “Yeah, not unless you want to tell her for me,” I said.

 He shook his and I finished the letter making sure I rubbed my scent into it and placed it on top of my bed. I started to strip off my clothes only leaving my underwear on. Michael did the same.

“The least I could do is escort you off the territory,” he said and with that, we jumped out the window landing in our wolf forms and took off. A few minutes later, we were at the borderline of our territory and the next. A few pack members from the Shadow pack came into view and stood in front of us. I immediately shifted back into my human form and everyone else did the same.

 “State your business,” one of the men said.

“I would like to speak to your Alpha I have a request for him,” I said. They both looked at Michael who just shrugged in response.

 “I’m just escorting her off the territory,” he said.

 “Does that mean your becoming a rogue?” the other man asked me.

 I nodded my head before adding, “My father just died and I’m on a mission to become stronger."

“Your father was Alpha Donovan?” the first man asked and I simply nodded.

“Then by all means you are welcomed into our territory,” the second man said.

 I turned to face Michael there were tears in his eyes. I walked over to him and hugged him not caring that we were naked.

“I love you,” he whispered in my ear and I wanted to cry.

“I love you to,” I said then let go of him. I grabbed my bag that he was holding and changed back into my wolf form before entering the new territory I took a deep breath and stepped over the borderline. Immediately I felt alone and empty and the only thing that was there was my wolf. The two men in front of me changed back into their wolf forms and I followed them away from my pack starting my new life.