My Wedding Day

Everything so far has been perfect for the last two weeks. Carter isn’t upset with me anymore and the wedding is already paid for. So today, I’m finally getting married! I know, I know it took me long enough right (well don’t blame me…blame the author). The location of the wedding is at the luxurious Palms Hotel in Miami Beach thanks to Alpha Matthews we didn’t have to pay for any of the expenses since he practically owns the hotel. Landon and I decided to get married on the beach since it’s just beautiful around this time of year. There are so many people attending the wedding today that I lost count. I know that my old pack, the Heavenly pack is coming, Alpha Matthews pack is attending, the Royals of our kind is attending, and some other packs that I’ve helped through the years are attending, and the hunters are attending to. Oh and Landon’s family from England is coming to. So yeah, that’s a lot of people but for now I’m just going to relax at the spa before I have to go through hours of pampering for the wedding.

“Are you ready?” Emma said and I looked at my phone it was eleven o’clock and the wedding started at four.

“You can come pick me up at two,” I replied flipping the page in my Essence magazine.

“So that does mean you’re ready,” Amora said grabbing the magazine from me.

I sighed, “Alright you guys win,” I said defeated. I stood up and they grabbed my hands and dragged me away from the poolside.

“First, your nails then your hair,” Emma started to say. “Then while Amora is applying you’re makeup I’ll get the dress and Angel will get the photographer.” 

“And Amelia will get everyone the photographer needs to take pictures of,” Amora added.

“Yes,” Emma agreed. 

“This is going to be a long day,” I mumbled to myself.

“But it’s going to be a longer night,” Amora said giving me a naughty smile.

“Can we not think about that right now,” I said. Every time I think about that, I get nervous.

“Yeah I don’t want to think about my best friend….” Emma said trailing off.

“Aww come on,” Amora whined.

“No,” Emma and I said in unison.

“You guys are no fun,” Amora pouted.

After that, there was no more of that talking and we focused on getting to the nearest nail salon. When we walked into the door an aroma of nail products hit us in the face making us almost stumble back a few feet. The worse thing was that my senses were heightened enough and that this was an assault on my nose. Emma talked to the owner of the salon she moved us to a private room in the back where there was less stench in the air. Since everyone else got their hair and nails done yesterday, I was the only one that was left. I sat in a massage chair as the women worked to give me a manicure, pedicure, and facial mask. I even dozed off once but Emma woke me up just in time before I went into a deep sleep. By the time they finished it was almost one o’clock and I had to go get my hair done.

If the nail salon assaulted my senses so did the hair salon. It was a mixture of hair and nail products but the only bad thing about it is that I had to sit through the haze full of chemicals. My hair is all natural so all the woman who did my hair had to do is wash it and give it a nice blow dry then flat iron it. She asked me how I wanted my hair but of course, Emma answered her and told her that I wanted it in a bun. As if I didn’t have a mouth of my own, I told the woman that I wanted it half up and half down but of course Emma started to argue against it. We argued for a good five minutes before Amora stepped in and told her that it was my hair and not hers after that Emma hasn’t spoken since.