Liam's POV Part 2

Liam’s POV

I walked into the hunters’ house party and searched for Emma. There was a crowd dancing to the beat of the live band that was playing in the corner of the room. How they fit that band in here, I have no clue but I have to admit they sounded good. I wiggled my way through the bodies and walked down the hall where people were making out then into the kitchen. I saw rolls of bottled liquor and a girl with her back turned towards me pouring her a cup of liquor.

“Excuse miss is there any brandy in here?”

“Um,” she looked over the bottles and picked up one, “here.”

She turned around and held up a bottle of brandy. I walked over eyeing the bottle in her hand and took it from her; our fingers brushed together and I felt electric sparks run through my fingertips. I looked into her piercing brown eyes and I stood there frozen in time. No, no, no this can’t be happening.

“Mate,” my wolf growled.

“Thanks,” I said looking away. 

“You’re welcome,” she said as I poured me a glass of brandy.

“I’ll see you around,” I said walking away.   

“But-“

I didn’t hear the rest of what she said since I stepped back into the hallway and started to look for Emma again. She wasn’t too far she was just down the hall making out with her mate. I approached them and stopped a few steps away waiting to see if they would stop. But when I saw Em lifting her mate’s shirt I thought they needed a little break. I cleared my throat loud enough for them to hear and they broke apart. 

“As much as I would like to see live porn..which I don’t. I need to borrow Em for a moment.”

“Um sure,” Em said.

“I’ll see you later babe,” her mate said kissing her on the cheek then leaving.

“M’kay,” she said then turned to me. “What is it?”

“I need to talk to your leader,” I replied quietly.

“Because?” she asked raising an eyebrow.

“It’s a private matter,” I said looking around to see if anyone was listening.

“Hmm I’ll take him to you. Follow me,” she started to walk down the hallway and I followed her.

We went upstairs to a room with a pool table in it and a few lounge chairs. I saw a few guys playing pool while some were taking shots of tequila in the corner. Em motioned for me to stop and walked over to a tall guy with dirty blond hair and light brown eyes. They talked for a bit before he walked over to me and looked me over before speaking.

“Emma told me that you have a private matter to discuss with me?” he said in a deep voice.

“Yes,” I replied.

“Alright everyone clear out. I have important business to discuss,” he said and immediately everyone shuffled out of the room leaving us alone.

“Thanks.”

“No problem, now what is this private matter?”

“It’s about Rosa,” I started and he seemed interested in hearing what I had to say so I kept talking, “I haven’t seen her since the start of the semester, and whenever I ask my brother about her he always changes the subject. I’m starting to get suspicious about him. I think he’s hiding something.”

“Hmm,” he thought about this for a minute then asked, “So why are you telling me this?”

“I was wondering if you would help me find out what he is hiding,” I replied looking him straight in the eye.

“Have you tried talking to him about your suspicions?”

“Yes, but he’s either busy or doesn’t want to talk about it.”

“I see. Well I will help you in this endeavor since it is about Rosa’s well being,” he said.

“Thanks. Are we going to meet later on and talk about a plan? Because I would hate to ruin the party with this matter,” I said.

“Yes, your right we should meet next week Wednesday at noon. Is that a good time for you?”

“Yes I’ll see you then,” I replied and stretched out my hand and he shook it.

After that, I left the room since there was no other reason why I needed to be in there. I was thinking about leaving since I wasn’t really in the mood to party. I walked downstairs and finished off the rest of my brandy before going back into the kitchen to leave the glass behind. When I was about to leave a hand touched my back and I felt sparks from the touch. I turned around to see my “mate.”

“Um hi,” she said nervously.

“Hello,” I said and she blushed. She looked cute when she blushed.

“I…uh…have something to tell you,” she said.

“Oh and what would that be?” I asked.

“Um we…we are mates,” she whispered.

“No, my mate is Rosa,” I snapped and she flinched. My wolf growled at me but I ignored him.

“But I’m also your mate. I’m your true mate,” she said getting upset.

“Well true mate or not I don’t want you,” I said sternly looking into her brown eyes.

“But why?” she asked.

“Because I’m in love with Rosa and to me she is my true. Not you or anyone else,” I replied.

“So is this your way of rejecting me?”

“Oh bloody hell! Why do you keep asking me questions? Yes for now this is my way of rejecting you since I don’t know your name yet I can’t reject you properly.”

“I will not accept your rejection,” she said sternly.

“I don’t care if you accept it or not just get out of my bloody way. I don’t want to be in your presence anymore,” I said then pushed past her.

“You will be mine is the end Liam,” she shouted.

“Yeah right that will happen the day I burn in hell,” I said to myself and walked out of the house.

So I said it would be more exciting then the last chapter! It's probably not vote worthy though. But things are going to get interesting from now on.