Landon's POV

Landon’s POV

I stood there wide eyed taking in Rosa’s appearance. For a girl who was almost as tall as me she had long slender milk chocolate legs. I saw how she wore a big loose shirt that only came up to her hips I could quickly feel the lust coming over me and I let my eyes quickly scan over the rest of her appearance. In one hand, she held a cookie and in the other she was gripping, the door knob and I looked at her face. Her hazel eyes were starring at the floor, while her long brown hair was a mess. I looked at her lips to see that she was nibbling on the bottom one. That little gesture in itself was turning me on.

“What are you doing here?” I asked my voice sounding husky. Darn I didn’t expect it to come out that way.

“Um, I was just leaving,” she said quietly.  I was about to respond when Carter’s thoughts filled my head.

“Dang that girl for toying with me! The next time I see her she won’t be able to get away.”

She snorted at that last comment and I immediately understood what just happened. I looked at her and she immediately looked away trying to hide the grin that was spreading from across her face.

“So…who’s shirt?” I asked. I knew it wasn’t one of our shirts since it had a horrible smell to it.

“Um the leader of the hunters,” she cleared her throat before adding, “sir.”

I growled furiously my eyes turning black, “why the hell do you have his shirt?”

“Because,” she started her eyes always turning black and her voice filled with power, “he was the one who found me in the woods this morning. Not you or anything other person in this pack.”

I felt a slight tinge of pain running through my heart and I didn’t know why. I got my wolf back under control and spoke softly, “why didn’t you call for help?”

“I did,” she said her tone not wavering. There was something sexy about her tone of voice it didn’t sound like any of the girls that I usually hanged around with. It sounded like a woman’s voice filled with confidence and power. It made me feel like I was a little boy compared to her and in a way, I was. I am a year younger than her. 

“I’m sorry that no one could hear you,” I said in a soothing tone.

“Well save your sorry for someone else, I don’t need your sympathy,” she spat before storming off in the direction I came in. I looked at her retreating back and she shifted into her wolf form. I just shook my head girls these days. I don’t know why she was so pissed off all of a sudden.

I headed into the house hearing the shower in Carter’s room cut off. I ran up the stairs and busted into his room, immediately her scent hit me like a wave. It was the smell of the flower jasmine and I breathed in deeply of the scent. Carter came out of the bathroom with a scowl on his face. I’m pretty sure he had to take a cold shower.  I sat on the bed and waited patiently as he put on some decent clothes.

“You know what man? I understand why most of the pack can’t stand her,” Carter said after putting on some sweatpants.

“And why is that?” I asked.

“Because she thinks she is all that but she’s not. Just because she’s the second strongest fighter in the pack and is sexy as hell with brains on top of that. She still has one major flaw,” he said sliding on a t-shirt.

“What would that be?” I asked so far she does sound like she deserves to be all of that.

“She’s friends with the hunters,” he said through gritted teeth. I nodded in agreement a scowl coming across my face.