My Father's Blessing

“What?” I asked in disbelief. Why was he not happy for us? Why did he not want his only daughter to get married and live happily ever after with her mate?

“I’m sorry Rosa but Landon did not ask me for your hand in marriage,” he replied.

“Are you serious?” I asked then looked over at Landon, “ask him.”

“Mr. Jackson can we step outside for a minute,” Landon said and my dad nodded then led the way outside. Once they were gone, I slumped down to the sofa and closed my eyes. This had to be a dream, this wasn’t happening to me. A hand was placed onto my back and I opened my eyes to see my mother. I let a low growl escape my lips since my wolf was highly upset now and I couldn’t help the anger that was building inside of me to. My mom looked astounded as she removed her hand from me and turned away.

“Rosa,” Elizabeth snapped and she looked her way. “Don’t be upset with your mother she is only doing what she thinks is right.”

I don’t care what she thinks is right. If she will not allow me to be with my mate,” she looked over at my mom who was staring at her frightened, “there will be hell to pay.”

After that, she ran upstairs to Landon’s room and slammed the door. She stripped off her clothes and shifted then paced in the small walking area in the bedroom. We should elope, she thought. We shouldn’t care what our parents say they can’t keep us apart. I’ll tell Landon I’m sure he’ll be willing to elope. When she was finished venting out her anger she lay down for a couple of minutes before Landon came through the door. When Landon saw, her, his eyes instantly shifted from blue to black a growl rumbled deep in his chest as he walked over to her. His eyes shifted back to blue and he started to run his fingers through her fur.

“You’re so beautiful,” he said softly which got him a lick on the cheek in response.

What did he say?” she asked through the mind link.

Landon sighed then replied, “He still hasn’t accepted the idea of marriage since he feels that I’m not good enough for you and another reason that he can’t tell me.”

Then let’s elope,” she said fervently and Landon shook his head.

“I would love to Rose, but I can’t afford to do that,” he said and she growled.

You don’t love me that’s why,” she stood up now towering over his sitting position on the floor.

“I do love you Rose! But think about the pack and the responsibilities we have as its leaders.  We are supposed to lead by example and show the pack the right way to do things. By eloping, it shows them that we only care about ourselves and do not value our own parents decisions. If we do that, it teaches the other teenagers that if the Alpha’s ran away and eloped then we can do it to. They didn’t care what their parents thought they only cared about each other and didn’t consider the consequences of their actions. So please Rosa for the sake of the pack just wait a little longer. I promise I’ll prove to your father that I deserve to be with you.” 

She thought about it for a moment then shifted back into human form, “that man is not my real father,” she started to pack some clothes in a bag then threw the bag out of the open window.

He’s just Kevin, the man my mother married to replace my real father,” she said then with that, she walked over to the window looked at her mate one more time and jumped out the window.

~~~

“You’re running again Rosa…you said you wouldn’t,” Landon’s voice echoed through the mind link.