My Angel

The next morning I woke up and found Landon’s side empty. I sighed to myself while getting out of bed. Today was Emma’s surprise wedding and I didn’t want my argument with Landon from last night to put me into a sour mood. I took out a random outfit and hopped into the bathroom to take a quick shower. Once I was finished I made up the bed and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. Even if Landon didn’t come back last night that doesn’t mean I’m going to treat him differently today. I put a plate of food for Landon in the microwave then grabbed my things so I could meet up with Emma and Amora. When I stepped out of the room, I saw Landon sleeping in the middle of the hallway. His shirt that he was wearing was off and was draped over him like a blanket and his face looked distraught as he slept. I nudged him with my shoe trying to wake him up but he didn’t budge.  

“Landon wake up,” I said crouching down and shaking his shoulder.

“Hmm,” he said then opened one eye to look at me.

“Hey babe,” I said moving some of his hair out of his face. “Come on I’ll help you get into bed.”

“Okay,” he said tiredly as he slowly got up. His bones popped as he stood up and I wrapped one arm around his waist. We walked back into the suite and headed into the bedroom. I moved back the covers so he could get into bed while he changed into a pair of gym shorts.

“Ready?” I asked looking at his tired face. He nodded in response and climbed into bed.

“Rose,” he called out as I was about to leave. “Can you sing me a lullaby?”

“Um sure,” I said nervously. “Just don’t laugh if I sound horrible.”

“I won’t,” he said and I sat on the bed next to him. I started to sing Angel by Natasha Bedingfield he was slowly closing his eyes until I reached the chorus.

If I could be your angel

Your angel, your angel

Protect you from the pain

I’ll keep you safe from danger

You’ll never hurt again

I’ll be you’re A N G E L

I’m gonna be you’re A N G E L

I’ll be your angel

“You are my angel Rosa,” he said stopping me after the chorus. There was a small smile upon his lips and his hand reached up to caress my cheek.

“I wish I were Landon,” I said grabbing his hand and holding it in mine.

“But you are Rose. You are my fallen angel,” he said. “You’re not perfect and I understand that and you always do what you think is right. Or sometimes you just do things to benefit you. Even though we’ve had our ups and our downs we still made it through. I gave you that promise ring for a reason Rose and I know I messed up last night with that argument we had. I would blame it on the alcohol but I just think that the alcohol reflected how I truly felt. I’m sorry for saying those things Rose I know I have to be patient with you because you have standards and I want to meet those standards. So I’m asking for your forgiveness Rosa I want us to put last night behind us and be happy once again.”

“As long as you forgive me Landon for being selfish over the past year I know I haven’t been thinking of the best solutions to deal with my problems. I always choose the easy way out but I’m happy that when I mess up you’re always waiting for me with open arms. You’re so forgiving and humble Landon and I love that about you. So I forgive you and I do want to put that argument behind us.”

“Good then it’s settled then,” he said giving my hand a kiss. “We forgive each other and Rosa you can always come to me if you have any problems. I’m your mate I’m suppose to help you and strengthen you to the best of my abilities.”

“I’ll keep that in mind the next time I have a difficult problem that I can’t face; I’ll tell you about it,” I said smiling and he smiled back.

“Well I know you have to go and I’m tired so I’ll see you later,” he said leaning forward and kissing me on the forehead.

“Yes you’ll see me later,” I said as he lay back down. I tucked him in and kissed him on the cheek then whispered I love you. He was sleep in a matter of seconds and I chuckled to myself. He must have been very tired. I quietly walked out of the room and closed the door. I was happy that Landon and I were on good terms again and I couldn’t wait to see him tonight when I walked down the aisle.