My Mate is Kidnapped

I walked out of the ladies room and headed across the dance floor. I weaved my way through the sweaty bodies of the crowd hoping that I didn’t smell repulsive by the time I got back to the bar. I looked for Carter but didn’t find him so I thought he went to the men’s room. I waited patiently for ten minutes but Carter didn’t show up. When I was about to give up waiting for him the bartender handed me a written note.

If you want your mate, back then come and get him. If you don’t come for him in three days he will be dead.

XII   

My mate was kidnapped. Landon was kidnapped! No that can’t be no one knows who my mate really was besides me so Landon had to be safe. Then it finally clicked in my head. The person who left the note thought that Carter was my mate. I quickly sniffed the air and tried to pick up Carter’s scent it was still in the air even though it was faint. I grabed my clutch and got up then followed the scent and it led me to a door. I opened the door and ended up outside of the club where the scent stopped. Of course they would take him into a getaway car. I muttered a curse then pulled out my phone I dialed Landon and he picked up after two rings.

“Hello,” he said in a husky voice that made my heart flutter.

“Hey did I wake you?” I asked softly. 

“Yeah but it’s okay,” he said clearing his throat.

“Good because we’ve got a situation,” I said in a serious tone.

 “What is it?” he said using his Alpha tone all traces of sleepiness gone.

 “Carter was kidnapped,” I responded.

 “Are you serious?” he asked in disbelief.

 “Dead,” I replied.

 “Okay, come back to the pack house I’ll set up a meeting with our tracking unit and we’ll go from there,” he said.

  “Okay,” I said then there was an awkward silence.

 “How are you getting home?” he asked.

 “I’ll just hotwire Carter’s car,” I replied with a smirk then started to head towards the parking lot.

“Really?” Landon laughed and it filled my body with warmth.

“Yeah,” I replied. “His car is to nice to just leave behind and plus I’m sure he wouldn’t mind.”

“Right,” he said sounding unconvinced.

“Well I need to call my best friend Lucas. He is a great tracker and I’m sure I can convince him to help track Carter,” I said.

“Okay, call Lucas then text me if he agrees to help us.”

“Yes sir,” I said finally reaching Carter’s car, “Bye.”

“Bye,” he said then hung up. I quickly dialed Lucas and he picked up on the first ring. 

“Where are you?” he asked.

“Hello to you to,” I said in response. I morphed my index finger letting my nails extend so I could use it to unlock the car. 

“Stop playing games with me Rosa. It’s one in the morning and your still not home yet. 

“Sorry, I’m still at the club,” I said and slid my fingernail into the lock the door finally unlocked I shouted a yes then opened the door. 

“Where is Carter?” he asked.

 “Good question,” I said grabbing the wires that I needed to hotwire the car, “I have no clue.”