Leaving the Pack

During the rest of the week, I had nightmares every time I closed my eyes. I kept reliving that day and I couldn’t take it anymore. I felt so vulnerable and I knew I was vulnerable. I would wake up in a cold sweat screaming no Michael trying to tell him to get away from me. Michael would burst through my door and find me curled up in a ball crying and he would come over and hold me in his arms. The nights when Michael wasn’t there Lucas took his place. He would climb into bed with me and wrap me into his muscular arms and kiss the top of my forehead telling me to go back to sleep. When I shook my head, no he said he would protect me from the bad dreams and each night I believed him.

I would wake up in Lucas’ arms the next morning feeling refreshed and peaceful. Lucas would kiss the top of my forehead and say good morning beautiful before drifting off to sleep. I would shake my head and smile getting out of his sleeping form then head to the kitchen to make him some breakfast. I thought making him, breakfast every morning was the least I could since he took care of me.   

When we were in school Lucas made sure to always, hang out with me when he had the time. I was thankful for that since Michael had his mate and I didn’t want him to worry about me. I started to get death glares from many of the girls at the school since Lucas was spending more time with me. I just shrugged them off since I didn’t see Lucas in a more than friendly way. Yes, he was hot no doubt about it. He had dirty blond hair that matched his amber eyes. He had high cheekbones and a fine jaw line and lips that every girl would want to kiss. He had caramel colored skin since his mother was white and his father was black. He was tall and built to perfection whomever his mate was she was in for a treat.  

Another month past after what happened and I started to feel like my old self again; I didn’t have any bad dreams, and I wasn’t crying anymore.  I completely took control of my wolf daring her to try to surface. I caged her into my mind and buried my inner animal into the depths of my heart. She wasn’t allowed to speak unless spoken to and that was rare on my part. I didn’t change into my wolf form as a punishment to my wolf and instead trained in my human form. Since I was extremely flexible, I learned moves that you would only find in video games. Well because some of them were from video games such as Tekken 6 there is this character name Zafina and her moves are so creepy even I am a little freaked out while I’m learning them.

After my month of recovery, everything went downhill that faithful day I was in my Geometry class. I was circumscribing an angle in class when I felt this sharp pain go through my brain. I gasped and grabbed my head willing the pain to stop as an inundated of images flashed through my mind. It was images of my father dying, me running away, me killing the rogues and hurting Michael. I couldn’t stop the images from flashing through my brain and I started to have a panic attack. 

“Michael, Michael, Michael,” I chanted to myself. Then Michael and Lucas busted into the classroom making their way towards me.  Lucas picked me up and cradled me into his arms while Michael was talking to someone on his cell phone I shook furiously and Lucas held me tighter kissing me on the forehead. Immediately I was mitigated and I curled into Lucas’ chest breathing into his woodsy scent.

“Let’s go,” Michael said once he was off the phone. He and Lucas walked out of the room as if nothing just happened.   

~~~  

 Lucas and I stayed home for the rest of the week. Since the sharp pain in my brain was recurring and with the pain came the nightmares. Therefore, Lucas volunteered well actually, he was being more stringent to take care of me for the rest of the week. On Friday, a new wave of pain came and it didn’t just affect my brain but my body. I was happy to have Lucas through this stint. He was very staunch and never left my side. I finally had enough of the pain and I cursed whatever was the source of it. I felt like this place was the cause of my pain and that I had to leave for good. I got out of bed since the pain went away for a while and I was going to use this opportunity to talk to my parents.