Carter's POV

Carter’s POV

I was surprised when Rosa asked me to come with her to the airport. However, I knew she wasn’t joking when I heard the urgency in her voice. She was currently on the phone with someone important and I was keeping silent as she made arrangements for us.

“Everything is settled,” she said once she hung up her phone. I liked this side of her, the serious side where she was all business it was actually attractive.   

“Good,” I said taking her hand in mine. On our way out I found my shirt and it was left just the way I had it, so I looked somewhat decent since Rosa helped me clean up.

 “I’ll tell you everything when we get on the plane,” she said giving me my ticket.

“Okay,” I said looking at her facial expression she looked as if she was in pain. “Are you okay?”

She looked at me and gave me a weak smile, “Not really but I’ll be okay.”

I nodded my head and it was silent for a moment.

“I’m sorry for forcing you to be my girlfriend,” I said.

She shook her head, “I actually wanted to be your girlfriend.”

“Really?” I asked taken aback.

“Trust me, I need you more now than I cared to admit,” she said warily. I knew she was telling the truth I could hear it her voice. Ever since she came to our pack, she has had this tough girl façade.  Now I get to see a different side of her. Her vulnerable side that I’m sure only a few get to see.

“Now boarding flight to London,” the flight attendant announced.

“That’s us,” she said pulling me up.

“Why are we going to London?” I asked.

“To see the Royals,” she replied.

~~~

“So why are we going to see the Royals?” I asked. We were now on the plane flying over the Atlantic.  

“Because that is where we are going to stay,” she replied. I looked at her shocked and she laughed at my facial expression. I’ve never been anywhere out of the state of Florida so going across the ocean to another country to stay with the Royals of our kind was a lot to take in.

“How did you arrange that?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“I’ve stayed with the Royals many times so it was easy to arrange,” she simply replied. “And I told them that my boyfriend and I wanted extra training for a few months so they eagerly agreed.”

“Wow,” was all I could say.

“Yeah.”

“So what happened when I was gone?”

She frowned, “I lied and told Landon that we were mates.”

My jaw dropped I can’t believe she lied to Landon.“Did he believe you?” I asked still shocked.

“Yeah,” she said then added, “for a while.”

“You mean he doesn’t believe it’s true anymore,” I stated and she nodded.

“Now he’s after me and honestly I can’t face him,” she said sadly. I let her words sink in for a moment.

“Do you have a mate?” I asked and she nodded.

“But he doesn’t know he’s my mate…yet,” she replied.

No wonder she needed me at time like this. She was running away from the pack that her mate was in and it was because she was afraid to face Landon. I growled lowly to myself and she noticed then put her hand in mine. I smiled to myself I was lucky to have a girl like her by my side. I felt a little selfish since she had a mate but she was dating me instead.