Danse Macabre

I walked into the large room where we held pack meetings. I saw all of the pack and scanned over the crowd until I found my mother. She saw me and smiled and I gave her a nod before looking up at my dad. He wrapped his arms around my mom kissing her on the cheek making her blush I smiled to myself seeing the affect my dad had on her. I scanned the crowd again seeing Carter with his mate Angel he stood behind her while she spoke to another pack member. I sighed and took my seat on the stage next to the Beta. He looked at me and nodded then turned his attention back to the crowd. After a few minutes past, Landon came into the room with Elizabeth and everyone immediately went quiet. The Beta and I stood up and watched as they took the stage. When they were in front of the podium, we sat down and Elizabeth cleared her throat.

“Today I am stepping down from my position as Luna,” she started and there were a few murmurs in the crowd, “Landon my son, your Alpha has finally found his mate.”

The crowd cheered and I scanned their faces some looked happy and others looked confused. They were probably trying to figure out who his mate was. When the cheering died down Elizabeth spoke again.

“I would like to say it has been an honor being your Luna, and I am grateful to all of you who have lifted me up after I lost my mate and two pups. I will now serve as an overseer for the pack and I hope you all will accept your new Luna. I thank you and love you all….oh yes Amber there is a fresh batch of cookies in the kitchen.”

Everyone laughed and applauded as Elizabeth took her seat on the other side of the Beta. Landon stood up and walked over to the podium and the room fell silent again.

“Hello everyone, I would like to present my mate and your new Luna,” Landon said then looked over to me, “Rose can you come join me please,” he smiled as I stood up and walked over to him. He took my hand in his and squeezed it before he continued, “I present to you Rosa Knight Luna of the Raven pack.” 

After he spoke those words there were some cheers, a few a gasps, and many death glares. I gulped feeling the tension rising in the room. I took a step forward until I was right in front of the mike. I actually didn’t know what to say but I felt the urge to say something.

“Fellow pack members I hope you all will accept me as your new Luna. I will strive to do more than my best for this pack and I hope you will see and appreciate my efforts.”

I stepped back and looked at Landon who gave me a grin then kissed me softly on the cheek. I blushed then looked out at the crowd hoping no one saw his public display of affection. But of course Carter saw it and gave me a smirk which made me blush harder. There was a growl from Landon and he stepped forward and spoke into the mike.

“What do you mean you won’t accept her as your Luna?” he yelled and looked at the small group of people who were in the center of the room with shock expressions on their faces. I had to admit I didn’t hear them and my hearing is exceptional.

“We’re sorry Alpha but some of us do not…favor Rosa,” a man said and I noticed he was the same man who humiliated me at the second pack house. 

“Has Rosa done anything to make her unfavorable?” he asked angrily.

“Yes,” a female voice said.

“Amerada what has Rosa done to make you dislike her?” he asked glaring at her.

“She was born black and she thinks that she is better than everyone,” she replied nonchalantly as if it was obvious.

“Can you please stop playing the race card it’s getting old,” I said looking at Amerada’s shocked expression.

“I have to agree it only seems that you are the only one that has a problem with Rosa’s skin color,” Landon said crossing his arms.