Moving Back Home

A couple more months past and I graduated from high school.  My parents, Lucas, Amelia, Michael and Carter attended my graduation. There was an after party that the King and Queen thrown in my honor for graduating. The King and Queen gave me my own personal scholarship and said that they would pay the tuition and boarding for any college of my choice. I decided to move back to Florida and go to Florida State University since it wasn’t far from home. Now I was back home after saying my goodbyes to the Royals and my going away party.

I was sitting in my dorm looking over my schedule. Since I’ve been back I talked to all the hunters and Emma was so mad at me she almost punched me in the face. But since I have ninja like reflexes I stopped the blow from connecting to my face. Emma and I are now roommates even though Emma had to use a little friendly persuasion to make that happen. It was so nice to be back home I missed the sun waking me up in the morning and the fresh crisp air. I was even looking forward to meeting the pack again since I knew it would be soon just give me a couple more months and I’ll be ready to face Landon.

“Rosa can I come in?” a voice asked from the other side of the door.

“Sure,” I said and Carter walked in.

“You said you needed to talk to me,” he said walking over and sitting on the edge of my bed.

“Yes,” I said then cleared my throat. “Carter I feel that it is time for us to break up.”

“Oh,” was all he said.

“I know and I’m sorry if I made you feel bad,” I said.

“No not at all I was expecting this,” he said with a small smile but when I looked into his eyes, there was sadness.

“If it makes you feel any better I did enjoy my time being with you and I believe now you are deserving of a girl like me,” I said and this made him seem happy.

“Really you think I deserve a girl like you?” he asked.

“Definitely,” I said smiling he pulled me into a hug.

“Thank you,” he said kissing me on the forehead.

“For what?”

“Everything, you taught me how to treat girl’s with respect and even helped me be a part of the Royal Guard. If I didn’t take your offer on running away with you I probably wouldn’t have changed.”

“Well I’m glad you’ve changed for the better,” I said and he smiled.

“You’ve changed my life and I’m grateful to you,” he said getting up.

“Your leaving?”

“Yeah, I have some pack business to tend to but I’ll be back soon,” he said and I nodded.

“Carter don’t tell anyone I’m back. I just want it to be our little secret,” I told him.

“Okay,” he agreed then left.

I wonder what pack business he would have now that he is back. I did teach him almost everything I know about running a pack and he did take some special classes. I thought about the pack for a while. I wonder how Amber was doing or if Landon had a girlfriend. I’ll know all these things in due time I thought to myself then drifted off to sleep.

~~~

I woke up later to my phone ringing and I immediately shot out of bed and unto the floor. I groaned and looked around for a light switch. When I didn’t find it I started to look for my phone. I grabbed it from underneath my bed and checked to see who called. It was Liam the guy who worked at the rental store. I called him back and he picked up after the first ring.

“Hello,” he said.

“Hello old chap,” I said in my British accent.

“Where are you? I went to your estate today and I asked them if you were there and they told me no.”

“Oh I’m sorry I forgot to tell you I went back home to the states,” I said hitting my forehead with my hand.

“Really you forgot to tell me,” he said in a flat tone.

“Yes I did and I’m really sorry,” I said sincerely.

“It’s okay,” he said and there was a knock at my door.

“Hold on,” I told him and dropped the phone on my bed. I wasn’t expecting anyone else to come today since Emma was staying at the pack house tonight. I opened the door.

“It’s okay since I forgot to tell you I came to the states to,” Liam said and my mouth dropped.

“Oh my gosh!” I screamed, “What in bloody hell are you doing here?”

“Well can I come in first then I’ll explain,” he said and I let him in. We walked over to my bed and sat down.

“So what are you doing here in Florida?” I asked.

“My parents and I are here on vacation,” he simply replied.

“And why did you choose Florida?”

“Because you told me so much about it and I knew you were leaving I just didn’t know when,” he said. “So when they told me you left I told my parents that I insisted on coming here.”

“And now you’re here,” I said.

“Exactly,” he nodded.  “Also there’s another important thing.”

“Go on,” I said trying to contain my excitement.

“I am starting college here in the fall,” he said and I screamed.

“You have got to be joking!”

“Nope,” he said laughing at my shocked facial expression.

“Yay! That means I have two friends that go to the same college as me!” I cheered and he chuckled.

“Yes, yes you do,” he said with a grin.

We kept talking about how we thought the summer was going to end. What the college life was going to be like and him moving to America. He asked me about Carter and I told him about the break up. He said if I ever needed to talk to someone about it he’ll always be there for me. I was glad Liam was here he was like another best guy friend that I had. I knew that this coming semester will be the best and I couldn’t wait for school to start.