It's the Final Countdown

Liam’s POV

It’s been a week since Landon’s graduation and it’s now time to fight. For the past few months, we haven’t found any information on Rosa’s whereabouts and I’ve finally cracked. I don’t understand how Landon has kept her whereabouts a secret he must have figured out that the hunters had a plan to attack the pack. But I’m sure he’ll be surprised when he finds out that I’ll be leading the attack.

Everyone has been suspicious about their Luna’s whereabouts but no one has asked Landon about it. It seems that Landon has been getting weaker and this is our time to strike when he is at his weakest. But I still have one minor problem on my hands. My true mate has been trying to change my mind about finding Rosa. Ever since our almost kiss in March I’ve been avoiding her like a pro. I can’t deny whenever I come over to the hunters mansion her scent is everywhere and it drives my wolf crazy. Sometimes my head is filled with thoughts of her and my wolf keeps feeding my thoughts with his own thoughts. It bugs the hell out of me and sometimes I wished I were still human. Right now, I was sitting in Henry’s office going over plans on when and how we were going to attack; while fighting conflicting thoughts on whether to give up on Rosa or not.

“When are we planning to attack?” Henry asked.

“We should attack this Sunday,” I replied leaning back in my chair. I told Henry all about the pack’s strengths and weaknesses so that he would know what he’s dealing with. I’ve also been training for the fight with the pack and with the hunters.

“Will you be telling your Alpha that we will be attacking? Or are you going to do a surprise attack?”

“Good question let’s make a surprise attack. We’ll attack them in the morning when they least expect it,” I said with a grin.

“I like your thinking,” he said with a smirk. “We’ll start the attack from the south side since that’s where the pups patrol.  Then have our remaining forces surround the territory and attack.”

“Okay just make sure you leave Landon for me and don’t hurt the women and children. I honestly don’t want anyone to die but I can deal with serious injury but if anyone needs to die don’t be hesitant to take them out.”

“Alright I guess that’s it then we’ll attack on Sunday and see how everything turns out,” Henry said standing.

“I’ll be here on Sunday around five in the morning,” I said also standing.

“See you then,” he extended his hand and I shook it making it a done deal.

“Bye,” I exited his office.

I walked down the hall then was attacked by her scent. She was close and I was not in the mood to hear her babbling. I sped up my walk until I was at the door but there she was waiting for me. I quickly turned on my heel and started for a new exist route.

“Stop!” she exclaimed and I froze. “Turn around.”

My body turned on it’s on free will, “What do you want?”

“Let’s talk,” she said opening the door behind her.

I sighed giving up I knew if I tried to run away she would just track me down and force me to talk to her. I walked towards the door and brushed past her feeling sparks run through my veins. We walked into the forest for a few minutes before I spoke.

“What did you want to talk about?”

“I just wanted to tell you that no matter what happens I will always love you,” she said softly catching me off guard. I was expecting her to try to convince me to stop going after Rosa.