Dateless Dinner

It took us about thirty minutes to get all of the ingredients. I had fun grocery shopping with Landon since he pushed me around in the shopping cart. I’ve always seen people do that on commercials so I asked Landon if he’ll be willing to push me around and he agreed in exchange that I push him to the car. It was so funny to see a guy his size fit into a tiny shopping cart but somehow he manages to squeeze his big frame into it. We finally made it home and I was in the kitchen making the dinner with my mom while Landon and my dad were watching a football game. I put the food in the oven leaving it to bake, walked into the living room, and plopped down on my dad’s lap. 

“Hello princess,” my dad said giving me a kiss on the cheek.

“Hi dad,” I said smiling.

“How was your day today?” he asked.

“It was fine Landon and I had fun today,” I said looking at Landon whose eyes were glued to the TV screen. “Right Landon?”

“Hmm,” he said.

“Never mind,” I said then looked at my dad. He was watching Landon closely and I could tell he didn’t like him ignoring me. “Come on dad.”

I got off his lap and stood up he stood up and followed me out the house. We walked a little into the woods before my dad finally spoke.

“So your dating the Alpha,” he said and I turned to look at him.

“Yep,” I answered.

“And how is that going?” he asked.

“It’s okay so far,” I shrugged. “We haven’t been dating for too long. Why do you ask?”

“I just want to know if he’s treating you right. You know that I only want the best for you.”

“I know that,” I said looking at the sky. When I was younger, I used to look at the stars with my biological father.  

“Okay princess, if you ever need to talk to me about anything or maybe ruff up Landon a bit just ask,” he said and I laughed punching him on the arm.

“Dad! He’s the Alpha you can’t just ruff him up,” I said and he shrugged.

“If he treats you bad as your father I have a right to ruff him up. I don’t care if he’s the Alpha or not you’re my daughter first making you more important to me than him,” he said in all seriousness.

I sighed knowing that I lost this dispute, “I understand.”

“Good now let’s go your mother said that dinner is ready,” he started to walk away and I ran up then jumped on his back. “Oh wow princess you sure have gotten heavy.”

“What!” I exclaimed and he laughed.

“Your heavy little girl,” he said and I got off his back.

“Your just old!” I shouted then ran past him.

“I’m not old you just gain some weight,” he said running with me. I rolled my eyes then picked up speed and made it to the house first.

“Hah! I beat you old man,” I said not feeling winded in the slightest.

“Whatever,” he said opening the door.

“Mom! Dad is being mean to me,” I shouted walking through the living room and into the kitchen.

“No I’m not. She just won’t accept the fact that she has gain weight,” he said with a chuckle.

“Rude,” I said and my mom gasp.

“Don’t call your father rude,” she said handing me a plate of food.

“Okay, mean,” I said sticking out my tongue as I passed him the plate.

“Rosa,” my mom warned.

“Yes,” I said in an innocent tone.

“Go set the table,” she said and I sighed.

“Yes mom,” I left the kitchen and entered into the dining room. I walked over to the China cabinet and took out the silverware. Then I remembered that I didn’t see Landon when I came into the house.

“Landon,” I said through the mind link.

There was no response.

“Landon,” I said again.

Nothing.

“Mom where’s Landon?” I asked.

“Oh he said that there was some pack business that he needed to tend to, and that he might not make dinner,” she replied sadly.

“Oh okay,” I said not bothered in the slightest.

After a few minutes of setting up, we finally sat down and ate. We talked about school and work. The conversation started to get a little heated when my mom brought up my relationship with Landon. My father thought that it was rude for him to leave. However, I disagreed saying that he needed to deal with the pack first since it was his responsibility. He couldn’t compete with that. After dinner, we all went to bed and I checked my phone seeing that I had one voicemail and one text message. I checked the text message first since it was from Liam.

Sorry about the other day when I kissed you. I still like you so whenever you get over my brother give me a ring. I’ll see you around.  

I still need to talk to him about that so I decided to text him.

Hey can you come over to my dorm tomorrow around noon?

I threw my phone on the bed and went to go take a shower. When I came out Landon was sitting on the bed looking at my phone.

“Hello,” I said walking over to him and grabbing my phone. I glanced down at the phone seeing that he was looking at my conversation with Liam. He agreed to come see me tomorrow.

“Why are you going to see him?” he asked.

“Well hello Rosa how was your day?” I said pretending to be Landon.

“Rose.”

“Yes,” I looked him in the eyes.

“Answer my question,” he demanded.

“No, it’s none of your business.”

He sighed and I saw just how tired he was, “Alright I won’t bother.”

“I think you should get some rest,” I said.

“Yeah I think your right,” he yawned then took off his shirt.

“Nope go home we have school tomorrow,” I said then gave him his shirt.

“But—“

“No buts about it I won’t be here when you wake up,” I said.

“Fine,” he growled then left.

I sighed and got into bed looking at my phone and dialed the voicemail.

“Hey Rose I’m sorry for not making it for dinner but I promise I will make it up to you later. I love you bye,” the line went dead. 

“Oh well,” I placed the phone on it’s charger then turned off the light. I don’t know how I’m going to make it up to him but I’ll figure out a way to make it up to him.