A Twist in Fate

It has been a month since I last saw Landon. We only keep in contact with each other by phone. Even I can hear how much he misses me through the phone his voice most of the time has this longing in it. I can’t say that I don’t miss him because I do but probably not as much as he misses me. I’ve actually been so preoccupied lately that I’ve barely had a good night’s sleep. I still haven’t told Landon my decision yet and I’m actually still thinking about. I know he’s getting anxious but I still want to give us some time to develop as friends.

 I spent the whole first week after my date with Landon with Michael since he was leaving for college soon and I wanted to spend all the time I could have with him. He said he might transfer to FSU so he could go to school with me like old times and I encouraged him to do so. I say the more the merrier. Now all I have to do is convince Lucas and Amelia to leave UCLA and I can have all my closest friends with me. Selfish I know but hey, I can’t help it. I love my friends so much I wouldn’t mind spending a couple more years in school with them.

After Michael, left I started to spend a lot of time with Emma and Liam. We were the famous three musketeers on campus. I was the leader of course since I had a lot of experience with…things. I had at least one class with both of them and it made college that much more exciting. Like one day when Liam and I were in our English class, we fell asleep in the back of the room and no one woke us up when class was over. So when we woke up a whole new class was in there and we had to embarrassingly leave the class while the professor was lecturing. For the rest of the week our little mishap spread across campus and we were laughed at for a while. But we didn’t let it get to us since it wasn’t that big of a deal.

Emma and I went to a frat party and some drunken man (because he did not look like he was around my age) tried to talk to me. When the man was about to lean in and kiss me Emma pulled me away from him and told him that I was hers. We both walked away laughing as his jaw dropped to the floor. We had a really good time at that party. But in the end I still ended up thinking about Landon.

One day he called and asked me if he could take me out for coffee one Saturday so I agreed. Now I was getting ready for my little coffee date with Landon. I told him I couldn’t stay for too long because I had an important presentation I needed to give and I wanted to get to class on time. I looked in the mirror one more time checking to see if I looked perfect for our date I mean the presentation. I was wearing a black pencil skirt that came up to about a little bit past my mid-thigh. I was wearing a white cameo with a black blazer and the heels I wore on the date with Landon. I put in my studs that Landon gave me and finger combed my hair before applying a light amount of lip-gloss and leaving. When I came downstairs, Landon was waiting for me next to his black Camero that his mom got him for his eighteenth birthday.

“Hey Rosa you look amazing,” Landon said and I hugged him.

“Thanks,” I said as he examined me. “Like what you see?”

“Yeah,” he said with a grin then opened the car door for me. I slid onto the cool black leather seat and he shut the door behind me. I buckled my seat belt as he got into the car. I would have asked him if I could drive but I knew it hasn’t been that long since he’s had it. We rode in silence and I enjoyed the scenery. He pulled up to a Starbucks and we got out then went inside.

“So do you know what you’re getting?” he asked me taking out his wallet.

“Yeah I’m not really in the mood for coffee so I’ll take a hot chocolate instead,” I replied and he nodded. He ordered our beverages and we walked over to small table for two and sat down.

“How has school been?” he asked taking a sip of his black coffee. I know what you’re thinking he drinks his coffee black that’s disgusting. Okay that’s disgusting to me but in some way it does show that he’s manly enough to drink it black.