True Feelings

Our first stop on the date was at Tallahassee Antique Car Museum. I was little surprised that he brought me here but he told me that Carter told him that I liked cars. Which is in fact true that’s why I liked driving Carter’s mustang. When we were in London, I insisted on letting me take Carter to school because I wanted to drive the car the Royals provided for us. When Carter needed the car to run, errands and I wanted to go somewhere last minute I would steal Ethan’s car keys. Of course, he was furious the first couple of times I did it but later on, he learned to accept that his car was my car.

“How do you like the museum so far?” Landon asked me while I was taking a picture of a yellow 1955 T-Bird Convertible.

“I love it,” I said smiling.

“Good,” he smiled back. “That’s what I like to hear.”

“Are you enjoying the museum?” I asked I know it was a date and everything but it’s his birthday he should be enjoying himself to.

“Yes, especially since I’m with you,” he said wrapping an arm around my waist and walking me over to a white 1962 Amphicar.  “This car is my favorite.”

“Hmm I would say that the 1970 Shelby Mustang is my favorite,” I said looking at the photo I took with Landon in front of my dream car. My stomach growled angrily and I gasped holding it as if that would make it stop. I had totally forgotten that I haven’t eaten all day and I was hungrier than a pack of wolves. 

“I guess it’s time to go,” Landon said with a soft chuckle.

“We don’t have to yet,” I said hating my stomach for spoiling the moment.

“Nope you haven’t eaten anything today and your health is more important to me than any of these cars,” he said then added, “besides I already got to see all of the batmobiles so I’m finish looking around.”

“Oh alright if you say so we can leave,” I said linking my arms with his and he guided me out of the museum.

“You’ll like the next surprise,” he said with a grin.

“I’m sure if it has anything to do with food I’ll be more than happy,” I said chuckling.

We got back into the limousine and headed on a new adventure. He and I talked about college and how I got lost going to my first class. By the time, I was done telling the story Landon was laughing so hard that he was in tears.

“I’m sorry for laughing,” he said wiping away the tears.

“It’s okay everyone else had the same reaction,” I said looking at him in amusement. The limo stopped and I looked out the window.

“We’re here,” he said grabbing my hand and opening the door. We got out and stood in front of a warehouse.

“Are you sure this is it?” I asked looking around it was dark in this area so I felt my instincts kick in and I went on high alert.

“Even when you’re supposed to be having a good time you’re still overly aware of your surroundings,” Landon said in my ear, which made me relax.  

“I can’t help it,” I said softly.

“I know,” he said then guided me towards the building he pulled out some keys from in his pocket and opened the door. He took my hand and we walked in. It was dark inside besides the few candle lights I saw.

He let go of my hand then spoke, “This is a maze that you have to get through.”

“A maze?”

“Yes, we’ll be taking two different routes and I’ll meet you at the end,” he explained.

I gulped, “okay.”