Telling the Parents

It’s been two weeks since our engagement and I’ve been on cloud nine ever since. We haven’t told anyone about it but we planned on telling our parents this Friday. I can’t wait to tell them so I can tell Emma and Amora. Then we can slowly start preparing for the wedding since that won’t happen until after we graduate. So I have more than enough time to plan the wedding.

“Good morning Luna,” Amber said as she took a seat at the dining room table.

“Good morning Amber,” I greeted while flipping a pancake in a pan.

“How are you?” she asked.

“I’m fine, and you?” I asked.

“Just wonderful,” she replied.

“I’m happy to hear that,” I said taking the pancake and placing it on the plate beside the stove.

“How is Mark?”

“Don’t you mean the Alpha,” I corrected.

“Yes,” she said quickly.

“Didn’t you see him yesterday?”

“Yes but…” she trailed off.

“But what?” I inquired.

“He seemed really happy,” she replied.

I turned to look at her then asked, “Is that a bad thing?”

“Noo but he seemed happier than usual…that’s all,” she replied looking down at her hands.

“Well you should ask him why he seems happier than usual,” I said turning around and turning off the stove. As if on cue, Landon walks in looking like an angel. I almost thought he was Liam for a moment. He had on a plain white v-neck shirt with white and gold gym shorts and all white Nikes.  His dirty blond hair was curled to perfection and his blue eyes shined in the fluorescent lighting. But the thing that shined no more like illuminated the most was his pearly white smile that he flashed my way when he entered the kitchen.

“I love your description of me Rose,” Landon said through the mind link. I blushed as I prepared him a plate.

“You look beautiful today Rose,” he said aloud, “you to Amber.”

I looked like the complete opposite of Landon. If he was an angel, I was a demon. I wore all black today. I had on my black ripped up skinny jeans with my black Blood on the Dance Floor shirtand my black combat boots. I parted my hair into an emo bang and put a red headband on. I even painted my nails black and wore black eyeliner and eye shadow.

“Here you go,” I said placing a plate full of food in front of Landon.

“Thanks,” he said then dug in.

“Amber don’t forget to ask Landon your question,” I said then exited out of the kitchen. I walked into the living room and grab the keys to Landon’s Camaro and my purse (which just so happens to be black).   Some of you might be wondering when I am going to get my own car. The answer is I’ll get one for graduation so for now I’m carpooling with Landon. I got into the car and turned on the engine I revved it up a bit then smiled. I loved the sound of the V8 engine. The door opened then closed and I looked to see Carter sitting beside me.

“Hello Carter,” I greeted.

“Hello Rosa,” he greeted back.

“And where is Landon?” I asked looking towards the door.

“He’s coming,” he replied.

“So you’re riding to school with us?”

“Yep, since Angel totaled the front of my car,” he said slightly irritated.