Birthday Date

I met with Liam and we talked about setting boundaries in our friendship. He and Landon have actually bonded over a short amount of time. I haven’t seen Landon since that night that I told him to leave making our relationship come to a halt. I’ve been busy with college and he’s been busy with school and the pack so we haven’t had that much time together.  We rarely talk on the phone when we do our conversations our short. I miss Landon and I can feel that he misses me to or at least his wolf misses me. But I don’t know why I pretty much rejected him the last time we saw each other and whenever he talks to me he sounds bored or busy. That’s why I always end the conversations saying I have something important to do which is the case most of the time.

Tomorrow is my birthday and Landon told me he was taking me to dinner. I’m nervous because he said he had something important to discuss with me. Usually my birthdays are horrible and I can’t shake the feeling that another mishap might happen like last year. Maybe I might end up lost in the woods again because Landon has rejected me as a mate and I ran out like a coward then stormed into the woods and got lost…pretty much like last time.

 I wonder what I should wear. Something sexy that will have Landon saying, “Where have you been all of my life?” or something dressy causal. Should I wear a skirt or a dress? How about a of pair jeans or dress pants? Gosh why must women have so many clothing options!? I took a deep breath then let it out. A habit I started doing whenever I had a lot of work piled on me and I started to ask myself too many questions about it. I guess I’ll go with the ultimate look a sexy-dressy-casual-bold-but-elegant look. Now I just have to find a way to pull it off. I marched over to my closet and threw out every dressy thing I had then started to match things together. In the end, it took me two whole hours to come up with the right outfit and I still wasn’t sure if it was perfect. Hmm I wonder what is Carter up to…maybe he can help. I quickly looked for my phone that was buried under my clothes and called Carter.

“Hello Rosa,” he said in a flat tone.

“Hi Carter!” I said in a chirper voice.

“What do you want?” he asked impatiently.

“I just needed your help with an outfit for my date with Landon,” I replied.

“Oh no, I’m not taking you to the mall again,” he said. 

“What I don’t want to go to the mall silly,” I chuckled.

“Then what is your plan of action?” he asked.

“I need you to ask Landon a series of questions for me about what type of clothing he would like to see on me,” I replied.

“Ah I understand then I report back to you afterwards correct?”

“Exactly,” I said nodding my head.

“Alright I’ll call you back in probably thirty minutes,” he said.

“Okay bye,” I hung up the phone.

I started to place all of my clothes back into the closet then rearrange all of the clothes in my closet. When I was finished, I started to clean up the room placing everything in its proper places since it looked like a tornado went through Emma’s side of the room. While I was cleaning, I turned on my boom box and blasted songs from my iPod. I was pretty much going through my entire lovey dovey songs until the sad break up songs came on and I felt depressed. Immediately my phone started to ring and I rushed over to it and answered not even looking to see who it was. 

“Hello Carter,” I said happy that he called me back rather quickly…I think.

“No it’s Landon.”

“Oh,” I said then there was silence.

“What’s wrong Rose?” he asked me after a minute of silence.