My fault

It was Liam he was the one who's picture was displayed for all to see his perfect smile frozen in lifeless piece of matter. I stepped back and bumped into something when I turned around I saw a coffin. I covered my mouth to keep from screaming and shook my head to keep from believing. I didn't want to believe that he was dead but how could I deny it when the evidence was right in front of me. I rushed out of the room and up the stairs until I was in Landon's room. But when I got there it wasn't me who Landon would be facing it was my wolf. I myself was wrapped into a cocoon of sadness. She busted into his room and flicked on the light. She heard Landon turn over and groan. She swiftly walked over to him and grabbed his shirt pulling him closer to her as their eyes locked. 

"Who killed Liam?" She asked her voice dripped with venom.

 Landon looked down then whispered, "I did."

"What!" She shouted clenching his shirt tighter. "Why would you kill him?"

 "He challenged me to a duel," he said looking her in the eyes. 

"This isn't Yu-Gi-Oh! Your lives were involved and you could have been killed!"

"I know," he said warily. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry, so now you want to say you’re sorry," she released him, "sorry isn't going to bring Liam back from the dead. And I'm sure you wouldn't have told me if I came back when I originally planned. Right?"

He didn't respond he just looked at his hands.

"Right, Landon?

Silence.

 “Answer me!” she exclaimed.

“No,” he said lowly.

How could you? How could you kill your own brother?” she was shouting now. “He was your own flesh and blood!”

Landon still didn’t say a word he just let her rant as she shouted at him. His face looked pained stricken as she hurled insult after insult but things got worse, when she started to cry and him screaming she hated him.

I hate you!” she hit him, “I hate you so much! Do you hear me? I hate you!”

Carter came into the room and wrapped his arms around her while dragging her out.

“Let me go!” she exclaimed struggling trying to get out of his hold. “I hate you Landon! You killed my mate! You killed my mate!”

Carter covered her mouth and led her down the stairs then walked through the kitchen and out onto the deck. Once she calmed down, I resurfaced and slumped into Carter’s arms as he sat me on the floor. I couldn’t say anything. I didn’t know what to say. 

“You know it’s your fault he’s dead,” Carter said.

“What?” I asked looking up at him.

“Landon didn’t kill him on purpose. He didn’t want to kill him actually but he’s was too strong for him. The only reason why Liam challenged him is that he thought that you were hidden somewhere by Landon. He said he wanted to bring you back. It’s your fault for not telling him and not allowing anyone else to tell him where you were. And it was so hard for Landon since the hunters were going through his stuff so he had to erase all the conversations he had with you. He was so sad but the only thing that made him happy was the thought of you. He always looked forward to his next conversation with you and I think that’s what kept him from flying over to Japan and bringing you back.”

I let his words sink in. it was my fault I didn’t even think to tell him and he was my one of my closest friends. I suppose when he turned into a werewolf I started to see him differently he wasn’t the same precious human I’ve grown to like. He was a turned and I just treated him like any other werewolf.