Training

School has started well at least for me since I started college in the summer. Lately I’ve been hanging out with Liam and Emma. We hang out with the hunters and go to their parties. I had to admit that the hunters knew how to throw a party. Not that I’ve been to many but it seems like Emma and Liam have. Usually when we go to said parties Liam and I would pretend as if we were dating when there was a person interested in us and we didn’t feel the same way. Liam was practically a movie star with his charming good looks. But at first most of the hunters didn’t like him because he looked too much like Landon. With some reassurance, Emma and I convinced the hunters that he wasn’t Landon and that he was human. 

Along with partying, I did a lot of training with the hunters and sometimes went to go train other packs for some extra cash. Smaller packs needed to be trained differently than a normal size pack like Landon’s. So here, I was training an ally of Landon’s pack the Mystic pack. There were about a hundred people in the pack, at least forty of them were fighters, and they were all men. My method was to train men and women but the Alpha of the pack insisted that I just trained the men but with a little persuasion, I convinced him to let me train the women in self-defense classes. Later he agreed after he saw the results of my training with the men. Instead of charging them extra money I asked them to keep my being there training them a secret from the Raven pack and he agreed. 

I also tutored some of the kids in the pack that struggled with math and helped baby-sit. I became close friends with many of the pack members and some of the younger kids considered me as their older sister.  

“Hi Rosa!” Malcolm shouted as I stepped through the door of the pack house.

“Hello Malcolm,” I said outstretching my arms so he could give me a hug.

“No! Boys don’t give hugs,” he said scrunching up his face in disgust.

“Then what do they give?” I asked dropping my arms to my sides.

“Cooties!” he shouted and ran towards me.

“No!” I cried running away into the kitchen. 

“I’m going to get you,” he said laughing.

“No you’re not,” I sang out making my way out of the kitchen and unto the house’s deck.

“Gotcha!” he said hugging my legs.

“Darn I wasn’t paying attention,” I said with a chuckle.

“Oh well you have the cooties now,” he said then ran away.

“Come back here!” I yelled running after him. He ran into the house and down the hall that led to the playroom. He slipped in the playroom and I slowed my speed until it was a walk. I entered the playroom and sniffed the air I could smell his scent all over the room.

“I wonder where Malcolm is,” I said then listened for any sounds. I heard panting in the corner of the room behind a big chest full of toys. I started to silently make my way across the room making sure I didn’t touch anything and held my breath so he couldn’t hear me breathing. I came in front of the chest and peered over it then saw Malcolm curled up in a ball with his eyes close.

“Boo!” I shouted making him jump. I grabbed him and hugged him tightly to me. “Gotcha.”

“Ew now I have cooties,” he cried and I gave him a kiss on the cheek. “No!” he cried getting out of my grasp and darting for the exit. When he left the room I could hear his feet running down the hall as he shouted I’m going to die. I just laughed until his mother came into the room with a look of concern on her face.

“Hello Mrs. Braxton,” I said smiling.

“Hello Rosa,” she said.

“Is there something I can do for you?” I asked.