Landon's POV

Landon’s POV

“Mate,” I growled storming out of her room. “Lucas!”

“Yes,” he said coming out of the kitchen.

“She’s gone, go to the pack house and tell the group that was going on the mission tomorrow that we’re leaving right now. They have five minutes to get ready,” I ordered.

“Okay,” Lucas said and rushed out the house. I started to pace back in forth trying to calm down before my wolf took control of me.

“Calm down,” I said to him.

“How am I supposed to calm down when our mate is out there going to a house full hunters,” he said angrily.

“I know you’re upset but I’m sure she hasn’t arrived there yet,” I reasoned.

“She’s the fastest wolf in the whole pack if we don’t leave now she will be gone by the time we get there,” he argued then fought for control.

I growled at him then went to her room since I knew her scent was the only thing that could calm him down. I stepped in the room, inhaled her scent, and immediately calmed down the smell of jasmine intoxicating me.

“We’re ready Alpha,” the Beta said through the mind link.

“Okay,” I said then ran out her room and out of the house.

I shifted into my all black wolf and ran over to the pack house. When everyone saw me, they shifted and we took off. I picked up her scent and followed it until we got to the hunters’ land. We slowed down knowing that we weren’t completely at peace with the hunters. We moved from tree to tree to avoid being seen by any of the hunters, as we got deeper into their territory. After we got past the hard part, we rushed to the pack house that Carter’s scent was and now Rosa’s scent. I noticed the scent of blood and quickened my pace hoping that Rosa wasn’t hurt. When we finally arrived there was a few hunters killed and others knocked out it didn’t seem like a fight more like a training exercise. I shifted into my human form and searched the area with my eyes something wasn’t right. I sniffed the air and didn’t pick up Rosa’s or Carter’s scent it was like they completely vanished.

“Look for Rosa and Carter,” I ordered everyone except Lucas went into action.

“What happened?” he asked.

“It seems that Rosa and Carter ran away,” I replied.

“But why?” he asked confused.

“That’s what I would like to know,” I said. A few minutes past and the rest of the group were now standing in front of me.

“Alpha there is no traces of Carter or Rosa. Their scent stops in the house,” the Beta said sadly.

“That’s what I thought,” I said running a hand through my hair.

“Are we going after them?” Lucas asked.

“No,” I replied.

“What? Why not?” Lucas asked worried.

“She chose to run away. Who am I to stop her,” I replied knowing that I wanted to go after but if she wanted to run let her. She’ll come back to me she has to since we’re mates I just have to wait for her. She’ll be going into heat soon and the closer I am getting to eighteen the heat will intensify until she will need me to put the fire out. “Let’s go,” I said then shifted back into my wolf. Everyone else did the same and followed me out of the territory. Don’t worry my mate you’ll be mine soon. 

~~~

It's been seven months since I’ve last saw my mate. For the last few months, I’ve been in my own special training program to help my transition from being a teenage werewolf to an adult one. Lately I’ve been having dreams about Rosa and my wolf is starting to get edgy almost as if he knew that she was close by but he couldn’t figure out where.
 I was sitting on my couch watching TV when I fell asleep during a boring episode of CSI. In my dream, I was in a meadow filled with three different types of flowers jasmines, roses and lilies. I immediately connected the three flowers with the three most important women in my life Rosa, my mom and my older sister Jane. I was about to pick up a jasmine when a voice stopped me.