Exciting News

I woke up feeling refreshed. I yawned and stretched out my limbs before turning on my side and looking out the window. It was sunny outside but not to sunny since the sun didn’t shine fully into my bed room. I looked over to my nightstand and grabbed my phone. I unlocked my phone and checked to see the time it read 7:05 a.m. I moaned when I saw two text messages and four missed calls. I checked to see whom the missed calls were from; three were from Michael and one was from Lucas. Then I looked at my text messages one was from an unknown number and the other was from Landon. I quickly opened Landon’s text message and started to read it.

Im sorry if I upset you and happy belated birthday

I sighed and thought about yesterday’s events. I didn’t mean to tell him why I didn’t celebrate my birthday it just happened. I hope he doesn’t tell anyone since that was a very private matter that only my parents and old pack knew about. I opened the text message from the unknown number and started to read.  

Hello my piece of fine milk chocolate. I’ll be picking you up tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. for school. Dont think you can get out of grasp like you did yesterday. I already told your mom that I was taking you to school ;p  

“Crap,” I muttered under my breath. This boy was sure persistent I shook my head then got out of bed. I made my way over to my closet picking an outfit for today. I chose to wear my blue Victoria’s Secret boyfriend sweatpants with a matching blue tank top. After showering and getting ready for school, I headed downstairs and into the kitchen. I looked at the time on the microwave and it read 7:28 I had two minutes before—

“Hello Carter why don’t you come in,” I heard my mom say.

“Seriously,” I whined grabbing the muffin that was placed on a plate in front of me.

“Hurry up Rosa!” my mom called.  

“Coming!” I shouted back while quickly walking over to the stove where there was a pan full of greasy bacon. My mouth started to water as I picked up a couple of strips of bacon. I walked out of the kitchen while stuffing a piece of bacon into my mouth and entered into the living room. There stood Carter by the front door he had on a tight fitted black shirt that showed off every inch of six-pack, with dark washed loose jeans. I don’t know what look he was going for but he looked like a bad boy especially with his long black hair slicked back and the dark shades he was wearing. 

“Like what you see?” he asked with a smirk after I was finishing checking him out.

Now it was my turn to smirk, “Nah I’ve seen better,” and it was the truth Lucas was much better looking than Carter in my opinion. I watched how his jaw slightly dropped and I just shrugged walking past him while heading out the door. There was a parked navy blue Mustang and I headed towards it. Before I could open the door, Carter reached out and opened it for me.

“Thank you,” I said sliding into the car.

“You’re welcome beautiful,” he said closing the car door shut. I put on my seat belt as Carter made his way to the other side of the car. He opened the door, slid in and turned on the car before putting on his seat belt. As he pulled out of the driveway, I took this opportunity to call Michael.

“Hello,” I said once I heard him pick up.

“What the hell Rosa! I called you three times last night and you didn’t pick up. I was so worried that I thought I would have to travel to Florida to find you,” Michael said.

“Well good morning to you to,” I said in a flat tone.

 “Babe, who are you talking to?” Carter asked and I rolled my eyes.

 “Rosa who was that? Is that your mate in the background?” Michael asked getting a little excited.

I snorted before replying, “He wishes he was my mate, he’s just some random guy in the pack who wants to have his wicked way with me.”

I heard Michael growl through the phone and I felt a hard glare burning the left side of my face.

“Do I need to come down there and kick someone’s—“

“No,” I said quickly, “I can take care of myself Mikey.”

“Okay,” he said then there was a shuffling sound and a new voice came on the phone.

 “Hello princess,” I heard Lucas’ deep voice feel my ears as a sharp pain went through my chest but I ignored it.

 “Don’t you dare call her princess!” I heard Michael yell in the background and I chuckled.

“Hey what’s up Lucas,” I said.

 “I have some exciting news for you,” he replied.

 “Really? And what news would that be?”

“I’m coming to Florida during Thanksgiving so I can spend time with you,” Lucas said.

“What!” I almost shouted into the phone.

“You heard me,” he answered with a deep chuckle. Lucas was the only who could visit me since he graduated already and now goes to UCLA. 

“But wait Thanksgiving is next week,” I said and today was the Friday before so when was he coming to visit.

 “Yeah I’ll be there on Monday,” he said and a big toothy grin broke onto my face.

 “Yay!” I exclaimed doing a happy dance in my seat.

He laughed then said he had to go but he’ll see me soon and then hung up. I was so happy I didn’t think anyone could ruin my mood not even Carter. I forgot I still had food in my hands and I quickly wolfed it down. 

So…what was that about?” Carter asked pulling into the school parking lot.

“One of my best friends is coming to visit me,” I said grinning.

“Oh ok,” he said pulling into a parking space. I quickly got out before he even had time to cut the engine. I started to speed walk towards the school I was so excited that I didn’t notice when Carter’s arm wrapped around me.  

“What are you doing?” I asked not breaking my pace.

“I’m walking you to your locker,” he said nonchalantly. I just shrugged I didn’t feel like fighting with him today. Then suddenly an idea popped into my head. I knew soon I would be going through heat since I was eighteen and I knew who my mate was but for the time rejected him. I knew my heat wouldn’t be that much of a problem since Landon wasn’t at his full potential yet so I could bare with the heat until it gets closer to his birthday.

My thought was to hang out with Carter as much as possible even though he wasn’t a mated wolf yet at least I could use his scent to my advantage. If another male wolf smells Carter on me, he would probably think twice before coming near me. Even though it will, all change when I graduate and go to college but for now, I’ll just deal with the present.  

“Thanks,” I said as we finally reached my locker.

“No problem,” he said giving me a quick kiss on the cheek. “I’ll see you in lunch?”

“Sure,” I said giving him a smile and he smiled back before walking away. My smile turned into an evil smirk as I watched Carter’s retreating figure. Carter will soon be putty in my hands. 

So it seems that Rosa has an evil side to her (insert maniacal laugh here). Next chapter we'll see 19 year old Lucas! Has he gotten sexier with time? Will Rosa get the present her dad promised her? Will there be more bacon!?! (Yes, I know I said bacon it's 6:50 in the morning and I'm hungry!)