Chapter 5 : Luke

2 years ago

Third-person P.O.V

Luke carefully closes the front door and walks to the living room. He put his suitcase on the floor and sits on the sofa. He put both of his hands on his face and cry. It's been too long since the last time he cried but he finally let it out. He barely has the time to cry all of his problems out. He is too busy all the time. Ever since his parents died, he takes custody of all of his siblings and works extremely hard to earn money for them.

He had to give up his dream of becoming a chemical engineering and work multiple part-time jobs in the morning and night. He wishes he could go out like his friends and attend some parties after graduation but it's just not possible for him. He wanted more to take care of his family and put food on the table for them.

In the evening he would spend some time with his younger siblings, especially Riley. Even though it was time for him to rest before his night shift, he wouldn't want Riley to feel drifted apart from him. Micheal wanted to help him and take some more part-time jobs but Luke refuses. He wanted all of his siblings to pursue their dream. He'll be devastated for the rest of his life if he let them lose their chances to reach for their dream while he could do something to not let it happen.

Family is the most important thing for him. Anytime when he is too exhausted, he reminds himself that one day once he's dead, he will have all the time to rest. As long as he's still alive, he would do everything he can for his family.

Now he's the CEO of a business company that is barely holding on. Sure he is too young to be a CEO but he is wise and smart. He could easily solve problems but this time the problem is bigger, he was betrayed by his trusted assistant. He spent most of his days in his company to sort things out and deal with the people who bring troubles to him.

He hasn't been home for 4 days and he is extremely exhausted.

"Lukey?"

He quickly wipes his tears because he recognized that soft voice. He looks at his little princess with adore and love. She's on the stairs holding her blue fluffy blanket and rubbing her eyes with her fist. He would do anything for her. By looking at her, he knew all his hard work is worth it. She walks towards him and engulfs him in a hug.

" There there, it's okay to cry, Lukey. I'm here for you. I always will be." She pats his head softly and whispers nothing but sweet words. Luke broke down to tears again while hugging his little princess tightly.

He cries because he is tired.
He cries because he misses his parents.
He cries because he wishes things don't have to be like this.
He cries because he still has his siblings that are supporting him throughout everything.

He cries because he felt happy and grateful for having them...

Riley cups his face inside of her tiny hands and kisses him on the cheek.

" I miss you Lukey, and I'm sorry. You look awful, You look just like the zombies in the movie I watched with Blakey last night. " Luke smiles at his little princess honesty and humor. He pinches her cheek softly and smirks.

" And this handsome zombie is going to eat you!!! Rawr!!" Riley giggles and cover her face with both of her hands. " No, no bad zombie! " They play for a little while and enjoy their little moment together. He misses her as much as she misses him.

"I'll be free on Sunday. Wanna go on a date with me? "Riley's eyes lit up but then it is quickly replaced by sadness. She points her tiny finger at him and puts up an angry expression. Luke tries his best not to smile in awe at his little princess's effort to scold him. He always finds it cute whenever she does it.

" Mr zombie needs to take a rest and regain his energy. Most importantly a shower because you are really turning into a stinky zombie. " She pinches her nose and distances herself from him.

Luke smiles and shakes his head. " Alright, Princess. Now can I still hug you?" Riley giggles and run away from him. " NOT UNTIL YOU TAKE A SHOWER! "

He laughs because Riley already did let him hug her even though he hasn't taken a shower. He knew Riley care for him so much. All of his siblings did

And it's enough to give him the courage to work harder for them.

--------------------------------------

On Sunday

Third Person P.O.V

All he did today was relaxing in bed. Riley only lets him get off the bed when he needs to shower or goes to the bathroom. She even brings him breakfast and dinner on the bed. She spent all day taking care of Luke.

Riley knew Luke barely get time to rest. This whole day of him staying at home is like a gift for her. She wanted to make sure he rests as much as he can.

" Hi Lukey, how are you feeling? Do you need anything? " Luke smiles at her and pats his bed motioning Riley to come to lay beside him.

" I'm not sick Princess, I already have everything I need. " He pampers her with kisses on her cheeks. Riley giggles adorably and tries to push him away. " You are sick. You are a zombie remember?"

Luke laughs and tickles her. " I'm a tickling zombie now!!!"

While they are having fun with each other, the other siblings are resisting missing their little sister's presence. She only spent her time with him today. Even Jack feels jealous, although he is not usually at home and spends much time with Riley, but he hasn't even got to see her today. Well, that's karma to him for always not at home most of the time.

But they couldn't complain or whine about it.

They knew he needed her more than they do right now.