Chapter 26: Playhouse

Riley's P.O.V

I run towards him and give him the biggest hug. I hear him chuckles and hugs me back tightly. " You act like I've been gone for a year. Why are your eyes so puffy?" He pulls off and puts both of his hands on my cheeks looking at my face as if it has a scar. " Did you just cried?" I slowly nod my head, his face then turns soft. But then tears started to pouring again. " I WAS ALSO WORRIED THAT YOU DON'T ONE TO BE MY BEST FRIEND ANYMORE BECAUSE I HOLD A GUN TO YOUR FACE." I continue to cry and he pulled me back into a bone-crushing hug while patting my back. " Heyyy, you won't get to get rid of me that easily you know. It was an accident, Riley. Neither of us knows it was real." We stay like this for a while and he suddenly chuckles.

"If only I'm strong enough to carry you." He mumbled and pulled off from the hug, put his hands on my shoulder, and look at me in the eyes. " Thick and thin?"

I gently nod and smile. " Through thick and thin." We made a pinky promise and do our handshake. ( Like in the vid above)

He smiles and takes my hand. We walk to the kitchen while he opens the fridge and looks for something. " Apple orrrr mango juice?" I walk beside him and see that there's only two apple juice left. Frosty would pick the apple juice so there's only one left. I like apple juice more but Blakey would be sad if he doesn't get to drink his favorite apple juice. " Mango juice, please." Frosty hands it to me and takes the apple juice for him.

" What do you want to do today? We'll do anything you want to do."

A smile forms on my face and my heart beat in excitement." Let's go to my treehouse! Lukey told me that my treehouse it's finished! " I shout saying that I'll be at the treehouse with Frosty so one of my brothers knows where we are. Nathan shouts back okay then we both walk out from the back door.

20 minutes later

" Riley how far is your treehouse? We are in the woods now... I don't wanna get lost. Can't we just go back???" Frosty whine for the 10 times now. He always acts toughy with everything but I guess he's not when it comes to going into the woods. Unlike me and my brothers, we sometimes come here to camp since we own a very huge space! We live in a place that there is only us. No neighborhood. Lukey said it's more peaceful this way. So I didn't think much about it cause I think Lukey is right. But Frosty's mother never bought him to camp in the woods cause she's always busy.

"Rileyyyyy!" He tugs my shirt from the back again. I keep on going cause I know he would follow me from behind.

"Don't worry, I remember the path so we are never gonna get lost, trust me okay? Plus we are he-"

I suddenly stop and Frosty bumps my back.

" R-Riley why did you suddenly sto- Woah..."

" This is yours alone?" Frosty asks wide his eyes still watching the huge treehouse in shock

" It's exactly like in my drawing that I show to Lukey... But it's so big! And prettier ..." I get excited and quickly walk up the stairs. I turn around and see Frosty still looking at the treehouse with his mouth open. " Frosty! A fly will go into your mouth if you stay like that. Let's go insideeee!" I really can't wait and quickly reach the balcony.