Chapter 35

Jonah's P.O.V

If Miller knows about this, he's gonna be so pissed off.

She's here.

His twins is here.

I feel terrible for her getting drag into this. I slowly open the door and see this poor child sitting in the corner.

I shouldn't be here. But I want check on her to see if she have any injuries.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm just here to check if you're hurt."

She shakes her head and continues to stare at me. She doesn't trust me. I understand why.

"We've met before don't we?" She tilted her head slightly with a confused face. "At the supermarket, we bumped into each other."

Her face shown that she remembers me and comes a bit closer. " I remember you! But are you okay? "

Guess she had seen my blood. " I'm fine. " I take this time to observe her and it seems like she's okay, physically.

" You don't seem like a bad guy. "

I was stunned. I look back on her face, and meet with her eyes staring at me deeply. I couldn't seen them before when she was in the corner but she had been staring at me as if she was reading my every action and emotion.

" When you come in, you look worried. When you saw me, you look so sad. Are you kidnapped too?"

I chuckle and bend down to her height. " Well no I'm not kidnapped but I also what to get out of here as you do. I am worried cause I'm not supposed to be here. And I'm worried about you... Listen...I promise you that I will get you out of here. I don't want this to happen to you either. "

I take her hand and wrap my pinky finger on her small pinky finger.

"I never break a pinky promise."

She tears up and speaks in a quiet voice. "C-can I have a hug?"

My heart throb seeing her asking a person she just meet but yet still ask for a hug because she's in her breaking point. A 10 years old shouldn't experience all this.

I know she's terrified about what will happen to her next.

And I know what would happen to her...

I pull her into a hug and she sobs.

The room is only filled with the sound of her sobbing.

I look on the door. It is slightly opened.

She was watching.

-------------------------------