Chapter 21: What we do.

Xavier Jones

Luke's P.O.V

After Lucas went home, I took Riley to take a shower and sleep. She needs a rest after all that had happened. My 10 years old little sister put a bullet on a wall, I could never expect this day would come. I sigh and wait for her to come out of the bathroom. I called Uncle Xavier to know what's the heck is really going on. Why does that have a gun with the word capo written on it?

What if he's... 

Ugh, I gotta admit that Jack could be right... What if dad really was ...in a mafia gang...

"Luke?"

I broke from my thoughts and turn to my princess looking at the ground while fidgeting her fingers. I can see that she feels guilty about what happened today, but it's not her fault. I could have never taught her what a real gun or toy gun would look like. We never let her have such kinds of toys. I stood up and carry her then walk to the side of her bed. I softly place her on her bed and tuck her in.

I smile at her and kiss her forehead. " Get some rest okay, princess?" I was about to leave but she grabs my hand.

I turn back to her to see a frown on her face. " Princess, what's wrong?"

"Umm... Will Frosty still want to be friends with me?" Ah, I see. She's scared Lucas would be afraid to hang out with her anymore and end their friendship. But as far as I am concerned, that boy is nowhere near leaving her.

" Frosty will still be friends with you. He just needs some time to take in what just happened. I bet he would come back tomorrow to see you." Her eyes lit up hearing what I said. " Really?" I smile and pinch her cheek. "Of course! Who would ever not want to be friends with such an adorable little princess like you." Her soft giggles lighten up the room. " If you go to sleep now, tomorrow will come faster than you know it." She hummed in response and immediately shuts her eyes. She's just so adorable.

I leave her room and head to the kitchen. Everyone is there waiting for uncle Xander to arrive.

I'm not sure what we're gonna find out and I have a bad feeling about it.

Lucas's P.O.V

"So you're gonna tell mommy what happen?" I take off my shoes and takes off my jacket. " They had to visit their grandma."

She'll buy it. 

" What? All of a sudden???" 

She will soon. 

"Yep."

" That's unfortunate, you guys were just about to have your first sleepover. Don't worry hun, how about tomorrow? Are they going anywhere?" 

Called it. The grandma's excuse always works. I should visit Riley tomorrow. She tends to overthink and worried a lot. She might be thinking I didn't want to be friends with her anymore by now. " They don't have plans tomorrow, can you send me there tomorrow?" Mom nods and opens the front door. " There's a bowl of mac and cheese in the fridge, make sure you eat it. I gotta go now, call me if anything happens to love you Hunny!" The door shuts and here I am. Alone. Just what I needed. I went upstairs and went under the blanket.

I don't know how to react anymore because I've been holding my thoughts and emotion for too long. It was pointed right at my face yet now I don't know what to feel other than nothing...  Should I cry? Should I scream? I sigh. This won't get me anywhere and just making me more exhausted.

I bring my knees to my chest and cuddle myself. My eyelids slowly getting heavy and I let the soothing feeling of sleepiness consume me.

Nathan's P.O.V

The front door shut, I could hear the heavy footsteps getting nearer. " Hi kids, sorry I'm late. The twins up to mischief again and I had to take them to the hospital." Uncle Xavier pulls out the chair and takes a seat. We all know how energetic the twins are. I wonder what happens this time. Luke speaks up my thoughts. " What did they do this time?" Uncle Xavier sighs and shakes his head. " Let's just say they turn the house into a parkour area and Victor broke his leg and Kale broke his arm." I can see the sly smirk forming on Jack's face. The twins gonna have a guest anytime soon. A wild guest.

" So, why did you called me? " He looks at Luke waiting for an answer. Luke motion Blake and he put the gun on the table. There's a slight shock expression on his face but gone within a second. His eyes soften as if he misses something...or more like someone...

He takes it and runs his thumbs on the word carve on the gun.

Capo

" Ahh, this is the gun that saved my life countless times. " He chuckles. " Wait countless times? Who's gun is that? " I asked him. " I know this day would come, I've been trying to tell all of you well except Riley... She's too young. I can't find the right time, to tell the truth." The truth? Before I could ask Blake asked him first. " Truth about what?" Blake's voice came out tense. We all afraid of what this truth is but we are also eager to know what it is.

" The truth of what we do and who your parents really are. "