Chapter 7 : Fine

Blake's P.O.V

" Woah..." All of us watch the foods Nathan and Michael packed.

" Let's eat!!! " I quickly grab the macaroni while everybody else starts grabbing foods like a bunch of animals

" Let's eat!!! " I quickly grab the macaroni while everybody else starts grabbing foods like a bunch of animals. Well except for Luke and Micheal.

" Woah slow down, you make us look like we had been starving you for days! " Luke could only sigh and continues eating while Micheal slaps Jack's head. " Why only I get hit?!"

" Because you eat like a giant elephant that just came out of a starvation camp with a bunch of dinasour. " I couldn't help but chuckle. Jack just stares at him in confusion. " Wha.." He looks so dumbfounded. Luke clears his throat and dabbed his mouth with a napkin. " What he meant is that you eat like an animal."

Jack scoff and continues eating. But properly this time. Now, what else should I eat? Ahh take this strawberry and dip it in the melted chocolate. Oooooo taste so good. I could never have enough of this.

Suddenly someone nudges my arm. "Here give it to Micheal." This boy always up to something. I never accept anything from him right away. I've learned my lesson. Got a stomach ache for 3 days and go back and forth to the toilet more than 20 times a day. Jack is the prank king in our family. But in fact, I'm the second place in the prank war. So I always had troubles upon my sleeves too." What's in it?"

" Cholula Original Hot Sauce, 64 Ounce Bottle, it's gonna burn real bad in his mouth. " This is gonna be fun to watch. I make another one so it doesn't seem suspicious. Then I place them on a plate. The spicy one is on the top.

Now we wait for the fish to take the bait.

Nathan's P.O.V

I know my brothers very well. And when they are up to something. I can smell itIt's like a can smell their mischievous doings. This is what I have been training myself living with them. A day had never been peaceful.

I saw Jack made a sandwich and I didn't miss the hot sauce he put in there within a second. Blake made another and put both of them on the plate. If I'm not wrong the one with the hot sauce is on the top because they made a small mistake. The sauce is dripping on the side and falls on the bottom sandwich. So either way.

Both of them are spicy now.

Micheal takes the sandwich on top. He took the bait and Riley takes the other one. Woah Riley no-no-no.

"RILEY!" I quickly shouted out and snatch the sandwich away from her. All of them looking at me, confused about my action.

" I really want a s-sandwich." I give them a convincing smile and put the sandwich on my plate. I ain't eating that. I look at Blake and Jack and show them the sandwich where there's some spicy sauce on it. ' You almost screwed up.'

" What is this?!?!?" Micheal immediately throws the sandwich away after he takes a bite. Luke looks at the sandwich and saw the sauce. He shoots a death glare at Blake and Jack.

"You two....." Are grounded! Ground them!!!

" Well done. " Yes!!!!! Woah, wait what?!?!?

" He broke my camera, he deserves it. " Dang it, Micheal, he broke another one." But that's is not nice. Riley I don't want you to do any of their mischief doing. " Riley nods and takes the water bottle. " Here Mikey, there there." Micheal instantly takes it and shallow the whole bottle. It's a metaphor. Don't take it as it is.

" You're the only one that's nice to me." He wipes his invisible tears and Riley giggles and gives him a napkin. So much for a peaceful picnic.

" Riley!!!!"

Gosh, he's here.

" Frostyyyyyy!!!" She quickly stood up and runs towards him. She throws herself on him ad he catches her and they hug each other.

Jack's P.O.V

This is a cute lovely scene of their friendship but it just builds up the tense feeling inside of me. I'm sure my brothers also feel it. Like our protective brother switch is turned on.

She takes his hand and they sit beside each other. " You should try this cookie, Nathan made it. It tastes amazing!" I should have poison that one cookie. She then sweetly feeds him. He has his own hands can't he feeds himself?!??

He then feeds her the cookie. I've seen this a lot of times but I can't neverr feel 'okay' about it. Lucas is a good boy but I can't really trust him yet. We even had a family meeting about approving their friendship.

4 years ago

Third-person P.O.V

" So about Lucas... He seems to be a good kid." Luke crosses his arms and leans back on his chair. "Well, we don't know that. I saw his mother and she looks a mess. We don't know what is going on in their house and what we are getting Riley into." Jack isn't really like the idea of her little sister being friends with Lucas or even any other boys. " Exactly, we don't know anything about him yet. But as far as I watch them play at the park for days now, he really cares for her. He plays with her while making sure she is safe. I've seen other kids play, they care more about fun but he cares for her safety more." Micheal speaks up and Jack just scoffs at him.

Blake who was leaning at the kitchen counter takes as sit beside Jack." I mean we shouldn't prevent her from being friends with anyone, especially ones that bring no harm to her. Even if they do, we'll be there to protect her. That's what we brothers should do."

Everyone seems to agree with Blake except Jack. " He could be a bad influence to her, or maybe some sort of bad boy. What if he turns out to be some player one day and hurts her. "

"You know Jack, that sounded more like you." Nathan puts his fingers on his chin as if he is thinking deeply. Jack shoots a glare at him." Well, at least I'm no player."

" Jack for god sake he is only 6 years old. We don't know that yet." Blake spoke up. Jack slams his hand on the table and takes everyone's attention.

"I say.....we interrogate him."

"What?!?"

"No."

" We are not doing that."

" I agree with him."

"Okay everyone shut up! We will keep an eye on him for now and Jack before you even do anything we are not threatening a 6 years old boy. Understand?!" Luke pinch the bridge of his nose and look at Jack waiting for a response. Jack scoff and nods his head.

" If we see anything bad this boy is doing, we can end their friendship. If not we let them be."

"Okay. I agree."

"Me too."

"Yeah, we could do that."

" Jack, you can't say no now brother. It's four of us against you.  "

" Fine. I agree."