Chapter 11: Willingness

Michael's P.O.V

"Riley? RILEY?!?" She didn't say anything after that. All I could hear is only her heavy breathing. IS THE HOUSE ON FIRE?!?! I really hope that it's not.

"RILEY STAY WITH ME, I'M ON MY WAY."

I didn't hang up and quickly grab my car key. Cedric stood up when he saw me. "Woah Micheal don't we have-" I didn't bother to let him finish and quickly ran past him. I have somewhere more important to be.

I get in my car in a flash and drive as fast as I could. My mind is flooding with thoughts and worries about Riley. She sounds awful.

As soon as I arrive I run towards the front door and unlock it. " RILEY?!? RILEY WHERE ARE YOU?!!??"

Nothing...

Oh god. Upstairs upstairs!

"Ri-"

* Gasp *

" OH MY GOSH RILEY! " Her body is lying on the floor beside her bed. I quickly run to her and pick her in a bridal style. She's burning up and shivering. This is not good. I need to get her temperature down real quick.

"Mike-"

I can't bring myself to look at her face. I feel guilty. I shouldn't have left her alone. I should have seen this coming. She wears such a thick hoodie a day ago even tho it's not that cold and her nose was red. But yet I didn't even take the time to check on her. This is my fault. I gently lay her on the bed and stood up to go get a napkin and a bucket of water.

I heard a grunt so quickly I turned to her. She grabs my hand and tries to pull me to her, her strength right now could barely move a thin book. I kneel on one leg beside her bed and get closer to her. She pats my head and I look at her face...she smiles warmly at me but yet weakly, it's like a light that is slowly fading.....

"Mikey don't blame yourself....... This is none of your fault. I'll b-be okay...." She puts her hand on my cheek and softly rubbing it with her thumb. She sees right to me... She sees right through all of us.

I couldn't stop my tears from slipping out. " I'm sorry Riley. I'm sorry. " I place a kiss on her forehead and stroke her hair. " I'll come back in a few sec okay?"

She nods and closes her eyes.

------------------------------------------------

I've been keeping wiping her face with water and making sure the napkin on her forehead a bit wet. It's been 3 hours since our doctor came and check on her. He gave her some medicine and told me to keep watching her making sure her temperature didn't arise again.

I hope she gets better soon. It's really hard for me to see her like this. She's a cheerful and vibrant little girl. There's never a boring day when she's at home. I remember when any of us got sick, her mom switch immediately turn on and started being bossy. I chuckled remembering those days. She wouldn't leave our side until we get fully better... And yet... I left her all alone while she is sick. What kind of brother am I.

I realized I'm still in my tuxedo shirt. I sigh and took my phone.

" 🦙 Mipan su su su family ✨ "

Me: Guys, Riley have a fever.

Blakey👽: How bad is it?

Natey👽: How long has she been sick? Don't tell me she got sick when she was alone at home...

Me: She's been alone and sick for days...

Jakey🤡: I'm coming home.

Blakey👽 : Me too.

Natey👽: I'm gonna book a ticket now.

Lukey👽: Everyone stop. None of you is coming home. I'll be home and take care of Riley with Micheal.

Jakey🤡: She's there when one of us sick. And now she's sick, none of us was there. I'm coming home whether you like it or not.

Blakey👽: Yeah you can't stop us.

Natey👽: She needs us. I ain't going to have fun while my little sister is very sick at home.

Me👽: Guys, you should listen to Luke. Would Riley like it? We all know how considerate and thoughtful she is. She would felt really bad for making all of us come home.

Lukey👽: He's right. Nathan, she'll be very happy to listen about your trip and Blake, she wanted you to do well for your assignment, she'll be devastated if you didn't and think that it is because of her, she'll blame herself for it. And Jack, you keep on practicing. She would be happy to see you play remarkably in the tournament. And you know very well that your coach is strict.  Your friend's house is nearer to the school. If you late, you know you'll be out of the team.

Jakey🤡: Fine.

Blake👽: Just tell her that I miss her okay? I got to go.

Nathan👽: Call me when she's awake. I want to talk to her 🥺.

Lukey👽: I'm on my way home.

Me: Okay.

Luke needs to comes home fast. I smell like a rotten fish.