Chapter 9: Home alone

Riley P.O.V

I'm a morning person and I don't like sleeping, I feel like sleeping wasted so much time where I could do a lot of things that I need to do and I want to do.

But today... I just want to stay in bed all day. My head hurts.

*Knock* *knock*

"Riley, you're gonna be late for school."

I sigh and get up. " I'm awake! I'll be downstairs in a few minutes." I hope it's just a small headache. I don't what to make them worry.

"Achoo!"

I'll be fine right?

After showering

I feel so cold even after taking a warm shower. I need to wear something thick and comfy.

 I need to wear something thick and comfy

I'll wear this with black jeans. "Achoo!" Okay, breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out.

It's alright, a small cold will not ruin my day!

-------------------------------------

Micheal P.O.V

"Riley don't forget to take your lunch box!" Today is already hectic. I have a lot of things to do waiting for me at work and I have a client to meet in Canada so I won't be home for 3 days too but I only go to Canada for a day, I'll be back here to meet another client, so if anything happens I'll be near to our house. Luke didn't come home last night, I called him and he had a pile of work to do, I could barely talk to him for 3 minutes. Jack will be busy practicing because the Hockey Tournament is next week. So, he'll be staying at his friend's house.

Nathan is going on a school trip for 3 days at Venice in Italy and Blake is staying at his college dorm until he finishes his assignments. I know he just broke up with Amelia, it's just been harder for him now.

"C'mon Riley let's get you to school." She nods and gets in the car. I grab the car key and quickly lock the front door.

I hope today won't get any more hectic.

----------------------------------------------------

Riley's P.O.V

I don't feel good. It's so cold and my headache doesn't get any better. I just need to get through until school's end. I'll be alone at home for 3 days. It's not that I'm not used to being home alone but I have never been home alone sick. I hope I'll get better when before they came home. They'll be very tired when they come home and I don't want to burden them by needing to taking care of me.

I really can't concentrate on what the teacher is saying. I just try to support my head with my hands and look in front.  For the first time, I think my teacher is talking gibberish. I feel taps on my shoulders so I turn to Frosty. " Are you okay?" His eyebrows furrowed trying t figure what's wrong with me. If he knows he'll call one of my brothers. I can't tell him this time. I have to lie to him.