Chapter 20: The truth

Third-person P.O.V

Everyone had the mouth shut unable to let out a single word. The brothers stared at the hole in the wall, shocked and frightened. It's their first time hearing a gunshot, more likely hearing a gunshot so near to them and it is still ringing in their head. Micheal is still debating whether it is real or is he in a dream. He slaps himself and feels the stinging sensation forming on his cheek proving that it is all real. Everything around him started to look blurry and he felt himself spinning.

The small sound of Micheal's head falls on the sofa snap everyone out of their frozen state. Luke immediately runs to Riley who is on the floor watching the gun in her hand. He snatches the gun from her and throws it to the side. He scoops Riley into his arms and tries to comfort her before asking her where she gets the gun. There's no way any of her brothers would have it, well that's what he hopes. 

Riley looks at Luke's face and breakdown into tears. 

"There's a hole on the wall." Nathan finally lets out his words. "THERE'S A BULLET HOLE ON THE WALL!!!" He screams his words out and receives a slap on the back of his head. " Dumbass, you're making my ears bleed more! " Jack growls at him. Blake picks up the gun and observes it.  " Riley, where did you get this?". Riley sniffles and wipe her eyes. " M-mommy's and daddy's room.. u-under the table..." 

Nathan stood up and walks towards Blake to see the gun. " Maybe it is for self defends? " He spoke up all his brothers' first thought about the gun.

Well except for one brother.

" Maybe dad is a MAFIA???" Jack exclaim. 

"What?!?" 

"No way." 

"Pff, you're reading too much Wattpad."

Jack just shrugs his shoulders and sits back down." I said maybeee. Don't have to be so grumpy, Oldies." He instantly receives death glare from four piercing eyes but he turn the tv back on as if it was a normal day." Well it might be nothing much also, don't need to make a big fuss about it." He just saying it but that's not what his heart wanted to say. He knew something is wrong and the curiosity inside him silently growing.

Riley listens to the familiar word she hasn't heard for years. She knew she heard it from someone but she didn't know what it means.

Nathan mentally facepalms seeing his little brother watching Mcgyver as if nothing just happens. 

"I wanna go home." 

A small voice spoken. They seem to have forgotten the little boy who had been silents ever since the gunshot. Riley turns her head to him and tries to get off of Luke's arms. Luke notices it and puts her down. She runs toward him and embraces him in a tight hug. " I'M SORRYYYYY." She cries onto his shoulder. "I'm okay..." He hugs her back to ensure her, but she knew he's just trying to stay tough in front of her. " No, you're not. I-" He cuts her off before she starts to apologize even more. " Can we call my mom?  I want to go home." Her heart sank and she pulls off. She observe his face, masked with a soft small smile. She grabs her phone and hand it to him. "Here." Lucas takes it and calls his mom.

He desperately wanted to go home. " Mom? Mom, can you pick me up?  " He walks to the stairs so none of them can hear him while he's on the phone.

" Honey, I thought you having a sleepover. Did anything happen?"

"Something came up, I wanna go home."

"Honey, did you fight with Riley? Why would you wanna go home so quick? "

" Please, mom. Can you pick me up now? I'll let you know later when we get home."

" Okay then, I'm on my way now. Love you."

"Love you too, mom." He hangs up and sighs. Now he needs to come up with an excuse and lie to his mother. He didn't want to lie to her but he also didn't want his mother to freak out and go babying him. He once told her that he got punched by a kid at school, his mom went to his school and stays by his side the whole day. The teacher has given up to tell his mother to go home and just let her be. She really won't budge. She met the kid who punches him and gives the child a lecture for an hour. Thank goodness the child's mother didn't do anything about it, she was surprised too knowing her son punches a boy. 

Lucas gives the phone back to Riley and offers her a small smile. "Thanks." Riley is really worried by now. " Do you need anything?" She asks him with an awfully worried face." Maybe another hug?" He opens his arms and she immediately hugs him. As much as he wanted to go home so badly, he wants some comfort from too. He really loves his sweet scent and warm comforting hug. Just what he needed, her.  

" Pfff, cooties." Jack scoffs.

Riley pulls back and grabs his hand. " C'mon let's have some cookies before you go home. You can bring some home too!" Lucas nods and follows her from behind like a hungry puppy.

"Soooooo, should we find out why dad has a gun?"  Blake spoke up. "Hell yeah, we should." Nathan nods in agreement. Luke was about to call someone but he sighs as he sees Micheal. " Well, first we need to wake him up. Jack, can you wake him up, please? " Jack groan as he is in the middle of his favorite part of Mcgyver. 

He takes the glass of water in front of him and splash it on his fainted brother's face. " Oi wake up you bloody fish." Micheal immediately shoots up and gasping for air. Luke sigh and rush taking a towel and gives it to him. " I said to wake him up, not drown him!" He yelled at Jack who seems to be unbothered by him.

" At least he's awake now."

Luke pinch the bridge of his nose, mentally trying to calm himself down. It's hard to raise four kids and one devil. " Umm Luke, there's a word written with gold on this gun," Blake speaks as he's looking at the grip of the gun. " what does it say?" Luke comes closer to Blake to see it.

"Capo."