Chapter 22: He is ready

Nathan's P.O.V

" Bloody hell we are a mafia family," Jack speaks out his mind without hesitation.

" WHAT NO" Micheal protests.

"Yes." Uncle Xavier confirms.

Micheal's gasp filled the entire room. We were all shock despite already knowing it might have related to the mafia business. " Wait but how?". " Well, your grand-"

"Uncle Xavy?" All of our attention snap towards the small little girl rubbing her eye with her fist while holding a fluffy blanket in her other hand. Does she hear anything? HOW LONG HAS SHE BEEN THERE????

She walks towards Uncle Xavier while making grabby hands. He then swiftly lifts her and puts her on his lap. " Hey princess, did you have a good sleep?" He asks her softly but a frown starts forming on her face. All of us getting worried reading her expression. " I dream of the..." Her eyes widen seeing the gun on the table. She started to have teary eyes and quickly snuggle to Uncle Xavier's chest. I guess she was dreaming about the incident that happens today. Uncle Xavier looked at us with suspicion but decided to drop it letting us know that he'll ask later.

Blake takes action and went beside Riley. "Hey princess, it's okay. How about you and I have my famous hot chocolate with extra marshmallows just for the princess?" Her face lightens up and she quickly rubs her tears. " Yes! Blakey hot chocolate is the best! " She happily made grabby hands and Blake lifts her with one arm. " Well, of course. My hot chocolate is your favorite." He emphasizes the word favorite. He flips his invisible long hair and puts on his signature proud face then walks to the kitchen. I shoot a glare at him as if it could burn the back of his head. Uncle Xavier chuckles seeing how we all doing the same thing.

" Don't tell me you guys had a competition for that. " Jack scoff and crosses his arms. " We did and that hideous creature wins. " He laughs for a bit knowing we all trying to be her favorite.

" And about the gun? She looks like she saw a ghost seeing it. " Jack scratches the back of his head and I tried to avoid being the one who has to explain it. Luke sighs and speaks up. " She thought it was a toy gun and... She tries to play cops with Lucas but she ends up putting a bullet on the wall." The color on Uncle Xavier's face drain and filled with worries. We know he loves Riley like his own daughter. He cherishes her so much and wanted to give her the world during our hardest time.

They did help us a bit but Luke still has to work so hard to make it enough for every each of us. " SHE COULD HAVE- " He sighs and tries to calm down. " I'm sorry, I'm glad all you are okay."

"Well continue what you were saying," Jack speaks up. " Oh right, your grandfather was... A heartless mafia leader of this family. He started it since he was young and grow it bigger until they are unstoppable and the strongest among all mafia gangs. I and your father join him to change him. We do the opposite thing of everything he does. He destroys, we fix. One day we had a bloody argument. It was a horrible sight. We told him to give up his position and let your father takes it. We had enough with him hurting innocent people for money. Of course, he didn't give in until we told him if he doesn't change, we'll never let him see even a strand of hair of his grandchildren."

Well from the looks of it grandpa cherish us all so much. We visit grandpapa and grandmama every once a month and stay there for 5 days. " He ends up giving in and give the position to your dad as a mafia leader."

" But dad was working as a doctor. How can he be a mafia leader and a doctor at the same time? He barely had time to spend time with us because he's always at the hospital." Jack blurted out. When he was a kid he always looking for dad and throwing tantrums when dad leaves for work. Out of all of us, he always searches for affection and love from our dad.

" Your father gives me the position when Micheal was 5 years old. He couldn't bare his child seeing him covered in blood when he comes home." He gives a sympathetic look at Luke and Micheal who seems to know very well about it.

Luke leans back in his seat and crosses his arms. " Some nights when he comes home, there's blood all over his shirt, face, and his hand. Sometimes it wasn't his blood, sometimes it his. Micheal and I would secretly sit on the stairs watching mom taking care of his wound. One day, I ask him why he always came home like that. The look on mom and dad's faces was filled with terror. Mom told me that dad was busy saving people. So 8 years old me and 5 years old Micheal thought dad was awesome and we look up to him so much." He lets out a soft chuckle while Micheal has a small smile on his face.

" After my 5th birthday, we have never seen him in that state anymore. He would take us to the hospital every Sunday. And this adult right here used to run around causing troubles to the nurses. Once he secretly brings a dog into dad's office. Unfortunately, the dog was so active and runs all over the office while Micheal tries to catch it. I went to call dad and when we came back dad's office was destroyed by them. He was so mad that he makes us stays outside the house for hours. We end up playing in the rain and got sick. Well, then dad got scold by mom. " Luke smiles and ruffles Michael's hair.

The sight in front of me was rare to be seen. The two oldest brothers in the family had always held a responsibility to fill in our mother's and father's place. Luke always appears full of authority to be our father while Micheal always appears the softest to be our mother. Seeing them reminiscing in the past in front of us was barely seen as they were busy taking care of us in the present and worrying about our future. The smiles on their faces light up as if they're still innocent kids.

" The hard times all of you went through, I'm sorry. I wanted to help but I can't. It against his wish."

Third-person's P.O.V

All of the brothers try to deny the first person comes to their mind after hearing Xavier's words. Luke be the one who asks for the unwanted answer for them.

" Who's wish?"

Xavier didn't lift his head not wanting to see the disappointment on their face.

" Your father."

The brothers are confused. A thousand question filled their head. Luke knew his father had his reasons but he couldn't help but feel a wave of anger towards his father.

" Your father wanted to build the man you are today, Luke." Luke sighs and nods his face. As much as he hates it he agrees. If he didn't go through all of it. Would he be the CEO of the biggest company and provide unlimited needs to his siblings?

The hardship made him a wise man.

" My family and your grandparents couldn't bare to watch you guys suffering when we could do a lot of things to help in every way but your father's wish was the last thing we can do for him. He made it clear for me on the phone when he was on the last few breaths he had. He called me after the car crash... the last moment I had with my twin..." The atmosphere becomes too filled with grief. He misses him... The brothers miss their parents...

" He wants you to be ready Luke..." Xavier looks at Luke with a soft smile, He knows what it takes to be in that position and he didn't have any doubt that Luke wouldn't be able to handle it. Even if Luke did, he would be there beside him to guide him.

" Ready for what?" Micheal speaks up.

" To be the new mafia leader."