Chapter 28: He

Third-Person's P.O.V

" W-What's your mother's name?" Miller hesitantly asked her. He thought maybe it is just a strange coincidence but he still had a doubt that it is not.

"Martha Jones." She confusingly looks at Miller's shocked expression. 

" When is your birthday?" 

" 12 August." 

He smiles. He smiles widely and pulls her into a hug. " Me too!"  

He has a cute twin. He had never been this happy in his whole life. 

"I'm so happy I foun-"

"RILEY!!!RILEY!!!" Micheal voice loud but sore voice catches both of their attention. Micheal's heart sinks when he saw the empty stool when he gets back from the bathroom. He asks the employee where she is and they said she ran out with an extremely shock expression.

He thanked them and ran out. He searched for her aimlessly. He can't believe he lost his little sister. He shouts her name so many times hysterically. He called Luke and told him what happen. Luke was furious and scold him for losing her. He told Micheal that he will come quickly. 

The two kids stood up and look back at each other. Miller sigh and pulled out a pen and a small receipt he has in his pocket. He writes his phone number and gives it to her. " Umm, if anything happens call me... Or even there's nothing happen just...umm you know." He smiles at her awkwardly and runs. She's still looking at the corner where Miller disappears.

Then suddenly Miller's head pops out from the corner. " I forgot to say goodbye... Umm BYE!" He waves and disappears again. Riley is still confused why he's suddenly acting like that. She puts his number in her pocket and runs out of the alley.

Micheal' P.O.V

" OH MY GOD RILEY!!!" I quickly run towards her and pulled her to me. " A-Are you okay??? Why did you run out? Where did you go? Oh god, thank goodness you're okay!" I pulled her into a hug but I notice her shoulder is wet. "What happens to your shirt?" 

"RILEY?!?!" 

We turn to see a really worried Luke. 

" WHERE DID YOU GO??? WE WERE SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU!" Riley flinches and takes a few steps back. Luke realizes that he was yelling too loud. People are watching us, some are whispering to one another. This is not good. Luke is the most famous businessman who had a lot of companies now.  This could affect his reputation. I shake my head and take Riley's hand softly. " Come on let's go home, you have an explaining to do." 

At home

" We're home! Family meeting!" Luke shout out and went to the living room. Riley is fidgeting her finger, she always does that when she's nervous. And now she does that when she's scared. I'm still mad at her for her action but I can't just keep pressuring her when Luke is already so mad at her right now. "Riley."

She tense and immediately looks at me. She gonna cry anytime soon."Come on." We enter the living room and everyone is already there. The boys' faces look shocked and angry at the same time. I motion her to sit and I took a seat beside Luke. 

She sitting on the sofa facing all of us. (Bruh this is scary tho for her ngl.) 

" Explain." I can feel that Luke is trying so hard not to be too intimidating but he can't help it. He's furious. 

" I-I saw my friend runs into an alley looking so bruised up. I was worried so I went after him... H-He was hurt. It looks like someone beat him. I give him a hug because he needs it. When people are sad we give them a hug to make them feel better. I feel better when I get a hug when I'm sad so he would feel better too. He cried on my shoulder for a while. When we hear Micheal called my name... He ran away. I'm sorry for worrying you guys." She grips her skirt tightly trying to hold her tears.

What she did was kind but dangerous. Anything could happen to her and I can't bare it if she gets hurt. Luke sigh and went to sit beside her. He takes her hands and turns her to him. " If there's anything going on, come to us first. Don't act on your own. It could be dangerous. Promise me you won't do that again." She sniffs and wipes her eyes. She put out her pinky with a determined face. " I PROMISE!" Gosh, she's too cute for her own good. My heart can't stay mad at her.

" GROUP HUG! " Blake and Nathan yelled out and we all get into a big hug.

Except for Jack...  He has his hands cross while glaring at Riley.

" Who is this 'he'?"