Chapter 19: Detective

Third-person P.O.V

" I know mom use to keep a tennis ball her somewhere... Where is it?" They have been searching for 20 minutes but the tennis ball is still out of sight. Paigie also comes into the room wanting to olay with the two kids.

" Found ittt!!!" Lucas held up his hand with a tennis ball in his hand. " Now we need Jack to help us put it on the unicorn horn." They were about to leave but Paigie didn't follow them. Riley turns back and tries to call it. "Paigie, come here girl." Paigie didn't bother to look at her but bark at something under the table. Riley walks to Paigie to pick her up but she saw something shiny under the table. There is small rectangular shape on the floor that are slightly open.

"Riley?" Lucas feels like something is wrong. He walk towards her and she points out a gun infront of his face. " Police is here! Put your hands the air!!!"

Lucas screams and stumble the ground. Riley burst out laughing seeing his reaction. Lucas growls and glares at her. She stops laughing and stick out her hand for to help him get up. Lucas takes her hand and stood up while glaring at her. " I almost had a heart attack!!" Riley giggles and observe the gun. " I'm sorry, I couldn't help but try to act like the cops in the tv. They look so cool!" Lucas shakes his head and takes the gun from her. " This is a nice toy gun. Didn't know your day would have it."

Riley shrugs and picks up Paigie. " Maybe he plays it with mommy?" Lucas looks at her as if she grown too heads." That's just weird."

Lucas suddenly have a smirk forming on his face. Riley knew he is up to mischief. " We should prank your brothers." Riley take a good thought about it. It's been a very long time she didn't prank her brothers. She didn't even remember the last time she pranks them.

" Hmmm okay, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone." Lucas is beaming with excitement. " I think all of them downstairs right now. This is the right time!" They went out of her parent's bedroom. Riley shuts the door and carefully puts Paigie on the floor.

"Okay so what's the plan?" Riley asks Lucas. " We are gonna sneak behind the empty couch, I count to 3 and we jump on the couch and went pew pew pew!" Riley gets more excited as she jumps ups and down. " I'll hold the gun!" Lucas nods and then both quiet walk down the stairs.

" Detective Ri-ri and Frosty is on the case." Riley spokes quietly.

Then Frosty sings in a low voice "Dun dun dun dun dun teneninggg teneninggg." ( The song above )

They reach at the bottom and slowly sneaks behind the empty couch. Unfortunately, none of the brothers notice the two heads sticking out are up to mischief.

Lucas counting in a very quiet voice just enough only Riley to hear.

1

2

3

" HANDS IN THE AIR, THE POLICE IS HERE!!"

"Pew!!!"

"Pew!!!"

BANG!!!!!!

Riley falls to the floor and looks at hole on the wall.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"