Chapter 8: As we used to be

Blake's ex-girlfriend/ex-best friend⬆️

Blake's P.O.V

" Blake, please I'm sorry. It was a mistake. I was drunk then I-" I scoff at her and cut her off. " You think I'm that stupid? I saw you with him in the hallway kissing each other as if I were never your boyfriend. And in the club... It doesn't seem like a mistake, you didn't even hesitate to throw yourself on him." Then I hung off. She changes... She is not the sweet girl she used to be..... When we were 9, I still remember she was so adorable and loving, she had a big heart.

We have known each other since we were 7 eventually we become best friends. I always get us in trouble, we were partners in crime. I still remember when the first time we meet, it was after school the teacher saw I broke the classroom window with a football and how unlucky I was, it's the short-tempered teacher, Mr. Bucker.

He once yells at me just because I drop my pencil on the ground. Saying that I'm interrupted by his class. I felt unfair sooo I talk back.

Well, guess what happens next?

I got detention after school.

Dad was not happy when he picked me up. But after I told him everything, he brought me to get ice cream.

When she saw I was in trouble, she quickly grabs my hand and we run out of the classroom. We were running without any clue where we are going. We reach the town and went to the library together. We don't have any money with us so that was our choice to spend time before we face our parents.

It was nice, we went to a section at the very back and sit there after choosing a section randomly and grabbing a book with our eyes closed. She got The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking & Mlodinow and I got The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey. That doesn't go well when we talk about the book with each other.

We got called by our parents so we went back home. Ever since then we were inseparable. We spend a lot of time together and got our best friend's bracelet. She suggested it and I agree because it looks cute and I cherish our friendship.

 She suggested it and I agree because it looks cute and I cherish our friendship

At school, we tried to help everyone that is being bullied. She takes care of the victim and I beat the bullies and send them to the principal office. I only give a few punches on the face. At first, I would get in trouble too but eventually, they just let me off the hook.

But last year...

She's one of the bullies in our school.

I tried to stop her but she yells at me and shut me off. At first, I tried to find the cause of her sudden change. But I couldn't, she's always at her father's place. Her parents' divorce when she was 11. She stayed with her mother.

But when we were 14, she started going to her father's place, and her personality and attitude change slowly. I feel like something is wrong but every time I try, it's like a door is slammed right in front of my face constantly.

When my parents passed away... She didn't even come. I called her and she coldly gives me an answer that doubles the pain.

"I'm busy."

I was broken, I didn't just lose my parents but also my best friend. Riley always tried to cheer me up. She put all her effort to put a smile on my face again. She's the light in my dark and cloudy times. She breaks down the walls I build. She always is there for me and helps me get through it.

Just when I was getting all better she came back. After 3 years, no text, no call, no nothing. Suddenly came back and she told me that her father is sick and she had to be with him

I feel angry but yet sad for her. I know she also cares and misses her father but she could have told me about it. I told her I need some time to think. Well, that took me 2 weeks.

We started talking with each other again and she seems like she's her usual self again. And I missed her.

A year goes well between use and I took her on a date and ask her to be my girlfriend. It wasn't much but I choose to ask her at the beach when the sunsets. I was very happy but...

That didn't last long till this year. I caught her cheating on me with Kaiden. I couldn't believe my eyes, I felt so betrayed. Then she started beating girls at the club with her new friends and that is the sight that I never thought I would see in my entire life.

She's like a completely different person.

*Knock, knock, knock*

"Blakey?" I wiped my tears off and opens the door.

"Yes, princess?"

She looks up and I didn't miss the frown on her face that she quickly brush off with a smile. She sees right through me.

She took my hand and drag me. " C'mon let's eat! I and Nathan made lasagna. It's your favorite!!! After this, we can't watch a movie together. You can pick!"

A smile plastered on my face as I could imagine her taking care of me. She would always do it when she saw I look depressed or tired. She would take out the comfiest blanket we had and hug with me in it. I love it when she does them. I feel so much better.

I only need her. Just her love is enough.

The next day, in collage

Blake's P.O.V

"Blake!" I recognize that voice, so I didn't stop walking. "Blake please listen to me." I could hear her runs towards me and grabs my hand. I turn to her with a death pan face. I felt nothing but anger towards her.

"I can explain!" I raised my eyebrows. She looks scared and hesitating. She lied. " Okay then go on explain."

She looks at me, her mouth opens but nothing is said. " Exactly, I say we are over. " I yanked my hand off her and walks away.

" Blake, I-I want to explain but I can't. Can you just wait for me to be ready to explain to you like you always do? Just like when we were kids? I'm really sorry it was a misunderstanding." She sounds so desperate but I'm not giving in.

" I can't wait for you anymore, Amiela. You change, so do I. We are not the person we used to be. "

I took my bracelet off and throw it to the ground.

" Goodbye, Amiela."