Chapter 23: Whatever it takes

Third-person's P.O.V

Luke already had his hands full and being a mafia leader put more pressure and responsibility on him. Micheal always had been worrying about his older brother's physical and mental health.

He feels anger.

He feels sad.

He feels unfair.

The urge inside of him to stop Luke was only blocked by the wall Luke build.

Preventing him from letting Luke give up his dream and life for them.

He wanted to do the same too.

But he had no choice.

So fulfilling his dream for Luke.

Micheal puts his hand on Luke's shoulder and gives him a concerning look. "Luke you don't have to take it. You already had too much on your shoulder. I can't let you push way more over your limit." Luke's heart tightens seeing his little brother worrying too much about him.

He is used to it but this is different than usual. It's a bigger responsibility for him to take. Even though he is the eldest he also worried about himself too.

Could he possibly continue receiving more work? What else does he need to sacrifice? Is he the right one to be a mafia leader? Can he take it?

He had many doubts.

But all it took just one word to make all those doubts disappear.

Family

Luke takes Michael's hand off his shoulder and stood up. " This is what dad wanted me to do. I can't turn it down. " Luke gives Micheal a soft smile. He definitely can't let Micheal takes the position. His personality doesn't suit as a mafia leader.

" But do you want it, Luke? " Nathan speaks up. He always looks up to his older brothers. They are his motivation to fulfill his dream to make them proud and as a way to show he had always been grateful for all their effort. 

Micheal always had been the softest one and shed tears. " Luke I can't let you take the position. You're always acting like you're fine and well even though you're not. Let us help you. We are a family and we always are there for each other. I'll take it."

Jack scoffs. " You fainted when a little girl put a bullet on the wall how can you handle being a mafia leader?" Micheal shoots a glare at him and wipes his tears. " How can I not when that little girl is my precious little sister. Things could have turn out wrong if they had it with them longer."

Luke couldn't help but feel the small shine of happiness inside his heart listening to how much they love and care for him. And this is what keeps him going.

Giving him the strength he needed to fight.

He will never hesitate for them.

He's happy because of them.

They are his life.

His everything.

" I want to take it. Not just for you guys but for me. All my life I love what I'm doing. Keeping all of you safe and providing the things you need. You guys are my priority." He smiles at them. Nathan sighs while Micheal couldn't stop crying and nobody notices that Jack tries to hold back his tears.

He feels guilty.

He looks towards Xavier with determination. " I'll take it. "

Xavier smiles and stood up. " Let's go talk in your office. " Luke nods and walks in front of him.

He is ready to do anything he can to protect his family.

Whatever it takes.