Chapter 6: Our little Princess

Jack P.O.V

I may be looking like I'm the last person that is looking forward to this family event but I'm actually really excited about this. Riley and I will be participating in the Treasure Hunting.

For sure I'm still not ready to show them my childish and giddy self again. It's just been too long and it feels... It is awkward and embarrassing...Maybe I'll just take it slow... Real slow.

"Let's go let's go!!!" Riley pulls my hand and drags me towards the entrance of the park. I couldn't help but smiles and run with her. " Race you to that tree!!" Haha, I'm way ahead of her. " Hey, that's not fair!!!"

Many reasons for this are not fair for her, but many reasons for this bring a smile to my face.

" I win! Now hug me." She smiles widely and engulfs me in a warm loving hug. " I miss you, Jacky." I never smile this much more genuinely in a day since... years... I want to spend more and more time with you, Riley. " I miss you too Gummy."

*Click*

That's must be Micheal. I let go of Riley and stood up. Riley seems to notice my discomfort and smiles at me. I smile back at her and walk to the registration counter.

----------------------------------------

Nathan's P.O.V

"Well, we haven't seen that in so many years. Thank goodness I got my camera right on time." Micheal looks at the picture he took of Riley and Jack hugging each other.

I think he's forgetting something. Luke clears his throat and glares at Micheal. " You meant MY camera. ". Micheal might be the neatest person out of all of us and a clean freak but he's clumsy when it comes to electronics stuff. I had to help and teach him how to use them or we'll be wasting more money replacing the electronic he broke.

Michael is trying to convince Luke that he'll take good care of his camera. This is gonna take a while. I motion Blake to come with me to the registration counter. Seems like Jack and Riley already register.

I'm going to conquer this cooking competition.

After years of practicing various recipes and spends hours in the kitchen mastering each skill of cooking.

Ain't nobody had ever beaten me yet in any cooking competition that I participated in.

I am unbeatable!!!

After the competitions.

" And the winners are..... Emily and Rykel."

Guess the time had come. This little boy's older sister is really good. I can't help but feel devastated. I really wanted to win for Riley. This feeling just put more fuel onto my spirit. I look at Emily and she smirks at me.

Oh, it's on.

' I'll see you in the next cooking competition.'

She nods and leaves with her little brother.

I have found my rival.

-------------------------------------------

Blake's P.O.V

I and Riley got first place in the Rush and Race. We got our prize which is five limited editions of the Frenzy Dinosaur stuffed animal. Riley loves this cartoon, she watches it every single day.

I'm so happy and glad that we got first place, I know how much she wants them. We tried to buy some for her but it's just really hard to get this popular stuffed animal. I can't even believe how it goes out of stock too fast.

" C'mon Ri-Ri, let's show them what we won." I take her hand to walk with her but hold me back. I look down at her and she is staring at the other kids. They look sad and their siblings are trying to comfort them.

Riley lets go of my hand and walks to them.

"Hi, I have five Frenzy Dinasour but I only want one. Here. " She gives each one of them those stuffed animals and their face lit up. She really has a beautiful heart, she is never greedy and always cares for others. She skips to me with a huge smile on her face.

I smile at her and pick her up. " I thought you wanted to have many Frenzy Dinasour." She shakes her head then looks at the other kids. They have a huge smile on their face while cuddling the stuffed animal and showing it to their family.

" I wanted to see people happy more."

I swear I might die because of your sweetness and kindest one day. You are just too kind and generous Riley.

I'm scared that it might bring danger to you.

"Awwww look at my babiesss! I'm so proud of all of you." I put Riley down quickly because Micheal is trying to throw a hug on us. For the record, he is sweating, and I'm don't like a sweaty hugger.

Micheal frowns then tries to hug Jack but he quickly dodges which causes Micheal to stumble. " Keep your sweaty body away from me. " He shoots a glare at Micheal and crosses his arms. ". You guys were nicer to me when you were younger." Jack scoff and walk towards him. "People change brother. No one stays the same forever after some shi*ts happened. I wouldn't hug you even if I have to jump in that lake." Okay, he is being too much. What can I expect, he brings trouble at school every day.

Micheal's expression becomes sadder. Now I feel really bad for him. Luke stood in front of him and look straight into his eyes. Jack didn't even seem scared. He straight right back at him, challenging him.

Okay this getting too tense, I look at Riley and she's just staring at them observing everything but I can sense that she's worrying if they would fight.

" Oh, I dare you," Luke spoke right in front of him with full authority and daring. He knew Jack wouldn't hesitate, I'm not sure what's he wanted to watch.  Jack take out his shoes and run towards the lake.

" JACK! "

We all turn to the sound of our little princess, crying calling out for Jack. Her face is all red and she's trying to hold herself from crying more. She clenched her hands and run towards Jack. " You're gonna get sick if you jump in there. Put on your shoes back on. This is s-stupid! " Jack seems to be taken aback by her and quickly carries her in his arms. " I'm sorry okay? I'll wear my shoes back. Please stop crying." His expression saddens seeing Riley cry.

" Apologize to Micheal. You hurt his feelings." Jack immediately puts her down, wears his shoes, and walks towards Micheal. No way...

"I'm sorry."

I don't know how many years since the last I heard that word came out from him. I turn to Luke and see him smirk. Now I get it.

Although we have our differences,
We all share the same weakness.

Our little princess.