Chapter 24 : Is it for the best?

Luke's P.O.V

Uncle Xavier told me everything about the responsibility I need to take. Not gonna lie I felt my shoulder getting heavier than it already had been. But there's no turning back in this.

But I didn't expect that he would also bring up our parent's death...

Flashback

"Their death... Wasn't an accident, Luke." My breath hitched as I heard those words. He let out a sigh and I waited for him to continue. " They were killed by your father's best friend, Jericho. He started his gang and tried to beat your father. He wanted to destroy him, but he knows he is far from your father's level. That day, he threatened an old man to kill your father. If that old man didn't kill your father that day, Jericho would kill his sons and grandchildren... Jericho, I should have known he's a heartless man..." He spits his name out as if it's the most disgusting thing he ever said. "Unfortunately, your mom also got involved. But there's something you need to know...

Your mother is still alive...

End of flashback

Mom is still alive... I never feel such relief in my life but yet so depressed at the same time.

Jericho hid her. I can't imagine how she had been all these years.

Oh God, please protect my mom.

*knock knock*

"Luke?"

"Come in"

After all of my brothers inside my office, I told them everything.

Micheal breaks down into tears. Nathan also cries while trying to comfort his older brother. While Jack and Blake storm off the room. I check my watch and see it's 6 p.m. I text them to come back home before 9 p.m. Those two have anger issues. Especially Jack. They probably go to the gym together. I'm sure Blake will keep Jack in his sight. The last time he didn't, Jack put two boys in the hospital.

I stood up and went to the kitchen. Riley's gonna wake up soon as she'll probably be so hungry. That kid loves to eat, just watching her eat happily making me feel so full.

Halfway cooking I feel shorts hand wraps around my waist, I smile seeing how tiny and adorable she is. " Did you sleep well, princess?" She hummed in response. " Go take a sit and we'll have dinner together. "

"What about the others?" I couldn't tell her what they are doing. I didn't want her to be worried right now. " Micheal and Nathan are tired so they are sleeping. Jack and Blake are at the gym. " Well, at least I didn't completely lie to her.

I set out our plate and take a seat beside her. "Well, shall we eat??". I smile while ruffles her soft hair. " Yes!!!" She nods and digs in.

I continue to stare at her. She looks just like our mom... I love seeing her smile so happily, I wish nothing in this world can hurt her. If there is I'll be there to prevent it even if it puts my life on the line.

She would be so happy knowing that our mom is alive.

But I couldn't tell her...