Chapter 30: His story

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️

Miller's P.O.V

" I just... I just wanna help."

Could I really tell her... When I get home I quickly sneak to get into Mommy's room when the guard change shift. Good thing I make it in time, I bought medicine for mommy cause she's sick. Mommy was shocked seeing me injured, I told her some of the guards saw me run out. They caught me and beat me up a bit but I managed to run away from them.

That's when Riley saw me run into the alley. After I leave Riley, I went to ask an old lady to help me buy medicine cause I'm not old enough to buy it on my own.

The old lady look at me in pity. I hated it. But I can't do anything about it can I?

When I told mommy about Riley, she cries. She missed her so much.

I know I have a twin. I know her name is Riley. But I didn't really think about it much when I first saw her. No wonder I feel complete by her presence. I always want to meet my twin. I'm so happy that I found her!

Wait more like she found me.

When I was 7, mommy told me everything. She almost died that day, because she was beaten up so badly by dad.

She told me that she was kidnapped.

None of the brothers know she was kidnapped. Their father said she went to their grandparent's house to take care of their sick grandma. He didn't want them to know that he was a mafia leader. Their youngest was 5 years old when it happened. He and his twins killed a lot of my dad's men when they are trying to find mommy.

She told me she was raped by dad and that I have a twin. Her husband manages to get her back just when she's was about to give birth. Unfortunately, I was also kidnapped by a nurse that day. They tried everything to find me but they couldn't. 

She told me that I have 5 older brothers and they didn't know I exist except the oldest. He also knows Riley and I wasn't their dad's children.

She also told me about the time she spends with them...

Without me.

She was smiling when she was talking about them. My heartache that's I wasn't there... I was alone with only a maid... but I'm also happy for her that she had those memories with them.

Her husband died in a car accident and she was kidnapped by dad again.

That was the day I found out I have a mother. I was 2 years old.

And she told me she'll make sure I get out from this place, with or without her.

She didn't want me to suffer more in this place.

Even tho she's here. She can't take care of me. She tried, but dad beat her up. He slammed mommy to the wall when he saw mommy cooking food for me. I was terrified seeing mommy getting beaten in front of me.

And it was all because of me.

I was forced to grow up. I was 4 when dad fired the maid that supposes to take care of me. I learn how to take care of myself. Make my food, clean the house, do my and mommy's laundry. Dad was rarely home. The time he comes home always is a nightmare for us...

Could I tell Riley all that?

" Riley... I can't tell you... One day, I'll tell you everything. I promise."

"Okay...Oh and after I can go out again, do you wanna go to the park? We can play together with my friends!"

I never get to play with people around my age... They know who my dad is.

"That...sounds nice... Okay! I'll come-"

Just then dad comes into my room. I shiver when I see his face. He's furious.

"I-I'll think about it. I-I gotta go now. Talk to your later."

I hung up and stood up while starting at the ground. Never look at him in the eyes.

"Who are you talking to?" His voice is deeper and scarier than it used to be.

" A friend. "

He walks to me and takes my phone. He throws it on the ground and steps on it. It makes a cracking sound.

Another broken one. Pfft, it's your money dad. I stole it from your office when your office. He didn't notice I stole it. There's a pile of money where I got it from. I still have some more money to ask Jonah to buy me a new one.

" Let's talk about that you ran out again today."

Oh no.