Chapter 10: Fever takes over

Luke's P.O.V

"Sir, Sorry to interrupt your sleep but I still haven't got any response from Miss Riley."

I instantly wake up. Gosh, I shouldn't have done that. I sigh and grab my phone. What is she doing at home? Is her phone broken? I need to try to call her back.  After a few tries, she picks up. " Riley I've been trying to call you since yesterday why you didn't pick it up???"

Silent. What is she doing? " Riley? Riley?!" I can hear her clearing her throat in the background. " Hey, Luke. Sorry, my phone died yesterday." I sigh in relief I motion my P. A to get the car ready while I walk to my office bathroom to wash take a quick shower because I need to attend a meeting in San Francisco. "I need to go now. You take good care of yourself, princess. I'll see you in 2 days. I'll bring your favorite cupcake okay?" I stood up and head to the bathroom. "Okay, Lukey! I love you!"

"I love you too"

-------------------------------------------------

Riley's P.O.V

Finally, he hung up.

*Cough cough* I tried my best to sound like usual. He is super busy and the last thing I want is to be another burden to Lukey. He had enough on his shoulders right now.

Well, I need to have breakfast now And I feel a bit better today. I need a lot of water and a good meal if I want to get fully better. I think I'll cook scrambled eggs with toasted bread.

Sitting in the dining room feels so lonely. This is not the first time but the feeling is still the same. Every chair supposedly to be filled by each of us a where we'll talk with each other, teasing, laughing, and enjoying our food together. I love to see their happy faces. I savor each of those moments. I know one day, we'll have a life of our own with our own family. I usually see it in movies when we have a movie night together. That time is waiting for me and I can't stop the time even though I wanted to so badly. 

I miss my brothers... Ugh, I'm crying again.

Should I call Frosty? Wait, no. I'm still sick. That will make my brothers come home. I don't want to disturb them. There are just 2 days left anyways. I sigh and put my plate in the dishwasher. I need to do my homework. I grab my backpack and walk to my room. Getting the stairs is a bit less hard now. 

Finally, I made it to my room.

I need to change my clothes first. This hoodie is comfy and warm but way too big for me. I'll put his hoodie in the laundry basket later.

Thank goodness I only have 3 homework this weekend. I need to take a nap after this.

--------------------------------------

4 hours later

I feel so cold... I can't stop shivering... If I don't wipe myself, my condition would get worse. When anyone gets cold, we will wipe their body with a wet cloth and put a cool fever on their forehead. But I have no strength...Maybe... Maybe I should call Mikey... I hope he's not busy now...

I turn my head and see my phone on my bedside table. I grunt and try to get up. The more I try the more my head starting to hurt. I can't think of anything else to do. I need to reach for it. Okay, let's try it. C'mon.. just a little bit closer... Just a little bit more...

I can't.

I can't reach it.

Just a little bit more strength. I really need to get it.

Got it! Woah-

"AHH!"

*Thud*

"Ouwww" I can't help but let out a few tears. It hurts, my whole body hurts and I feel so dizzy. "Mikey...Mikey...pick up....."

"Hi, Riley. Do you need anything? I'm sorry, I'll be back to you in a minute Cedric." He sounds busy...

"Riley?Hey, honey. Are you okay?"

I-I can't...

It's cold and my head is hurt......

"Mikey......he-help......"