Chapter 33 : Secret passage

Riley's P.O.V

" Your treehouse is the best Riley! Ahh, this sofa is so comfyyyyy!" Gabby has herself spread on the sofa while Frosty sits on the carpet. He looks so tired today. "So what do you guys want to do????" Lucas asks while finishing his mango juice box.

"London bridge?" Gabby said.

"Boringgggg." Frosty is not in he's usual energetic Frosty. Maybe because he tried so hard when racing with Milly yesterday. Frosty is fast runner but Milly faster than him.

I think we should play..."Hmmm, hide and seek!"

"Alright!" Gabby stood up and put both of her hands on her hip then she gives out instructions. She's like our team leader sometimes.

"Can't we just watch tv today?" Frosty exclaims then he melts to the floor.

"Nope! Now let's play from the oldest to the youngest. I go first." She walks to the wall and started to count.

This goes for an hour until we heard the door being kick open.

" Come out princess! "

That's not any of my brother's voice...

AND ANY OF MY RELATIVES WOULDN'T JUST KICK THE DOOR OPEN!!!

I take Gabby's and Frosty's hands and bring them to the room where there's a secret passage on the floor to go down. I quickly lock the door and tell them to go down first. Lucas insisted that me and Gabby go first so we did. He'll make sure to lock it after he goes down.

The passage is very small so adults or teenagers can't fit in. We take turn sliding down. We are under the tree and there's a small door that can get us out of here.

Just as I was about to open it the man yells again.

"You think I'm stupid kiddo? I know you're down there!"

I back away and grab Gabby's hand. She started crying silently but she goes in front of me, covering me like a shield then she hugs me.

"What are we gonna do?" Frosty whispered while pacing around the small room. I can see him trembling and keeps biting his nails.

"O-okay, we need to think about how to get out of here. T-there is always a way." I approach him and take his hand to stop him from doing so. "We-"

BANG!

A bullet is shot just beside Frosty. OH, THANK GOODNESS it didn't hit him!

I quickly pull him and grab Gabby with me. We go to the very corner of the small room and the three of us hold on to each other.

" I'LL SHOOT 5 BULLETS, ONE OR MORE MIGHT HIT YOU, PRINCESS. YOU BETTER COME OUT!!!"

BANG!

" FOUR LEFT!!!"

" Riley what should we do!" Gabby's face is filled with terror when she looks at me. Frosty is covering us with his body. His body is trembling even more.

BANG!

" THREE MORE TO GO PRINCESS!!!"

"I'll protect you, I'll protect you, I'll protect you..." Frosty keeps repeating his words. I want to protect them too and get us out of here but I don't know how!

BANG!

"TWO MORE PRINCESS!! BEST YOU COME OUT NOW!!!"

Think Riley! Think! What should I do...

Wait...

BANG!

"ONE MOREEEEEE!!! I GIVE YOU 2 MINUTES AND I KNOW JUST WHERE TO SHOOT NOW..."

"Riley I don't wanna dieee...I don't wanna die!" Gabby hold on to me with tears keep falling from her eyes. I wipe her tears and look back at Frosty.

I don't like seeing my friends like this...

There's a way...I can save them...